Where are folders names?

SW Developper

Where are folders names?
Hi
I know a doctor who have a dell labtop with Vista Ultimate updated to last
week installed on it.
In a partition that have some folders with mixed contents (Vedio, pdf, word,
web pages, ...) folders names does not appear except if the view is set to
titles.
In other settings it does not show the folder name under the icon or
thumbnail.
This happens only in the D partition and only in the base directory; If I
navigate to any subfolder, this problem does not exist!
I tried the security priviliges, did not find any ini files, reset the
folder configuration from "Customize this folder...", moved it to another
folder and returned them again, with no change.
He told me that he formated this partition once before and this problem
disapeared for a period, but returned again!
So, how to make the folder name appears when using thumbnails?

Thanks
Kristan M. Kenney [MVP]

RE: Where are folders names?
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the drive/folder in question. When in
thumbnail view, tap the Alt key and the menu bar will appear, select "View"
and then ensure that "Hide File Names" is unchecked (if it is checked, simply
click on it to remove the check).

To change Windows Explorer display settings, right click anywhere in the
folder and click on Properties, and in the window that appears click on the
Customize tab. Under "what kind of folder do you want?", select "All Items".
Then click on OK to save the view settings and dismiss the dialog.

Hope this helps, have a great day,

--
Regards,
Kristan M. Kenney