cant find my trashcan

sally

cant find my trashcan
i have by misstake thrown away my strachcan from my desktop and i cant find
it now..can somebody help me?
Richard Urban

Re: cant find my trashcan
Right click on the desktop. Go to personalize. Click on "Change Desktop
Icons: in left pane. Place a tick in the box for recycle bin.

Then, go here to get the fix to remove the "delete" choice from recycle bin
so it doesn't happen again.
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have by misstake thrown away my strachcan from my desktop and i cant find
> it now..can somebody help me?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: cant find my trashcan
Sally

Right click the desktop and select Personalize. On the left side, click
Change Desktop Icons and place a check mark in the Recycle Bin. Apply/OK.

You can remove the delete command from the right click menu on the Recycle
Bin icon.

Hide the "Delete" command from Recycle Bin context menu
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have by misstake thrown away my strachcan from my desktop and i cant find
> it now..can somebody help me?

sally

Re: cant find my trashcan
thank you for the help

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Right click on the desktop. Go to personalize. Click on "Change Desktop
> Icons: in left pane. Place a tick in the box for recycle bin.
>
> Then, go here to get the fix to remove the "delete" choice from recycle bin
> so it doesn't happen again.
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have by misstake thrown away my strachcan from my desktop and i cant find
> > it now..can somebody help me?

Richard Urban

Re: cant find my trashcan
You're welcome!

--

> thank you for the help
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the desktop. Go to personalize. Click on "Change Desktop
>> Icons: in left pane. Place a tick in the box for recycle bin.
>>
>> Then, go here to get the fix to remove the "delete" choice from recycle
>> bin
>> so it doesn't happen again.
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "sally" <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have by misstake thrown away my strachcan from my desktop and i cant
>> >find
>> > it now..can somebody help me?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: cant find my trashcan
How did I miss the fix, it's my #1 complaint about Vista!!!!!!! Many thanks
Richard.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

> Right click on the desktop. Go to personalize. Click on "Change Desktop
> Icons: in left pane. Place a tick in the box for recycle bin.
>
> Then, go here to get the fix to remove the "delete" choice from recycle
> bin so it doesn't happen again.
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Richard Urban

Re: cant find my trashcan
If only there were a comprehensive listing...........................

--

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> How did I miss the fix, it's my #1 complaint about Vista!!!!!!! Many
> thanks Richard.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows

>> Right click on the desktop. Go to personalize. Click on "Change Desktop
>> Icons: in left pane. Place a tick in the box for recycle bin.
>>
>> Then, go here to get the fix to remove the "delete" choice from recycle
>> bin so it doesn't happen again.
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/142/1/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: cant find my trashcan
The other one would be to give Windows Explorer a default listing of Name,
Size, Date Created, Date Modified and Type instead of this Rating, Tags etc
etc for ALL Explorer Windows. I sometimes wonder if MS have any idea of the
time it takes to change each and every folder!
--

> If only there were a comprehensive listing...........................
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

JOJO

Re: cant find my trashcan
You are a god richard.. I lost mine to and also realized im not that good
with computers tonight.. I was waiting for my question to be answerd when i
read hers...Thank you so much ... I hope you have a great holiday season