select more files in windows

Villiboy.

select more files in windows
I have Vista Home Premium with the latest updates. When I want to select two
or more maps (or files) it simply won't happened using the Shift or Ctrl and
the mouse click. Working with, for example, Indesign, itunes or any other
application, it's not a ploblem at all to select more files in one time.
Thank you for any help
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: select more files in windows
See this note from Keith Miller, MVP.

<quote>

It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's machines.
No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.

I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select problem.
It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..."

http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

Then extract the contents of the .zip file & run the script.

</quote>

--
Regards,

"Villiboy." <Villiboy.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E1C3BE5-801F-457A-84E3-C2E7740BE54F@microsoft.com...
I have Vista Home Premium with the latest updates. When I want to select two
or more maps (or files) it simply won't happened using the Shift or Ctrl and
the mouse click. Working with, for example, Indesign, itunes or any other
application, it's not a ploblem at all to select more files in one time.
Thank you for any help
Villiboy.

Re: select more files in windows
Wow! It took me more than two weeks to try to solve this problem and the
answer seems to be very simple... (Well, for me I mean) "run the script"!
I appreciate it! Very much!
Thanx!
Villiboy.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> See this note from Keith Miller, MVP.
>
> <quote>
>
> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's machines.
> No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
>
> I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select problem.
> It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
> Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..."
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip
>
> Then extract the contents of the .zip file & run the script.
>
> </quote>
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Villiboy." <Villiboy.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E1C3BE5-801F-457A-84E3-C2E7740BE54F@microsoft.com...
> I have Vista Home Premium with the latest updates. When I want to select two
> or more maps (or files) it simply won't happened using the Shift or Ctrl and
> the mouse click. Working with, for example, Indesign, itunes or any other
> application, it's not a ploblem at all to select more files in one time.
> Thank you for any help

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: select more files in windows
You're welcome!

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> See this note from Keith Miller, MVP.
>
> <quote>
>
> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's machines.
> No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
>
> I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select problem.
> It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
> Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..."
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip
>
> Then extract the contents of the .zip file & run the script.
>
> </quote>
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

Nicholas Zvegintzov

Re: select more files in windows
I had the same problem – Vista Home Premium, SELECT not working in Windows
Explorer. The scripts seemed to cure it (for the moment?). Thank you thank
you. Does Microsoft know about this?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> See this note from Keith Miller, MVP.
>
> <quote>
>
> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's machines.
> No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
>
> I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select problem.
> It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
> Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..."
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip
>
> Then extract the contents of the .zip file & run the script.
>
> </quote>
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Villiboy." <Villiboy.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E1C3BE5-801F-457A-84E3-C2E7740BE54F@microsoft.com...
> I have Vista Home Premium with the latest updates. When I want to select two
> or more maps (or files) it simply won't happened using the Shift or Ctrl and
> the mouse click. Working with, for example, Indesign, itunes or any other
> application, it's not a ploblem at all to select more files in one time.
> Thank you for any help

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: select more files in windows
>> Does Microsoft know about this?

Yes. They've released a KB as well. See:

On a Windows Vista-based computer, you cannot use keyboard shortcuts to select more than one item in Windows Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934548/en-us

--
Regards,