Font Problem!!

=?Utf-8?B?TmljaG9sYXMgRGlhbWFudGlkZXM=?=

Font Problem!!
Hi, my friend has this text in her MSN Display name "× •$30сяаzу вєаυтіғυl"
(I copy and pasted this) what I want to know is what font is that, I want to
make my name in that font so that some letters will be backwards and
whatever. I would greatly appreciate someones help!

Thank-you!
--
Nicholas Diamantides

Re: Font Problem!!
It's not a font what you have posted. Merely some characters that everyone will see in whatever they choose their preferred font to be (Times New Roman for most users - Arial for me).

Copy the text to Wordpad. Select each character one by one and press Alt + X which will give you the character code in hexidecimal.
Entering International Characters [Prev | Next | Contents]
There is a number of ways of entering international characters and symbols.

a.. Use Character Map.
b.. Use Alt + <the character code entered on the numeric keypad>
c.. Hex to Unicode IME
d.. Converting Between Decimal and Hexadecimal
e.. Character Codes
f.. Use the US International Keyboard
a.. The Right Alt (Alt Gr) Key
a.. Dead Keys
a.. Names of Accents
g.. Switching Keyboards
h.. Tips
Note: If these techniques do not work for your application then you have the wrong keyboard selected (for that character like with arabic in older windows programs) or you have turned off Advanced Text Services. If turned off these techniques will work in Wordpad but may not in Notepad (depends on what exact character you are trying to insert into what program) or will insert the wrong character (depending on which technique being used). Start - Control Panel - Regional And Language Options - Languages - Advanced.

Run Language Dialog then click Advanced tab. Clear the checkbox Turn Off Advanced Text Services and set the checkbox Extend Support Of Advanced Text Services To All Programs.

Character Map [Prev | Next | Contents]
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Character Map (or type charmap in Start - Run) and transfer via the clipboard or drag from Character Map into your document.

Run Character Map

[Back to International Contents]

Alt + Character Code [Prev | Next | Contents]
Holding down alt and pressing the character code on the numeric keypad will enter that character. The keyboard language in use must support entering that character. If your keyboard supports it the code is shown on the right hand side of the status bar in Character Map else this section of the status bar is empty. The status bar us also empty for characters with well known keys, like the letters A to Z.

However there is two ways of entering codes. The point to remember here that the characters are the same for the first 127 codes. The difference is if the first number typed is a zero of not. If it is then the code will insert the character from the current character set else it will insert a character from the OEM character set. Codes over 255 enter the unicode character and are in decimal. Characters entered are converted to OEM for Dos applications and either ANSI or Unicode depending on the Windows' application. See Converting Between Decimal and Hexadecimal.

E.G., Alt + 0 then 6 then 5 then release Alt enters the letter A

[Back to International Contents]

Hex To Unicode IME [Prev | Next | Contents]
In programs based on the Rich Edit 3 control, such as Wordpad, enter a unicode number in hexadecimal format into the document then press Alt + X. This will convert the number typed into the unicode character. Select a character and press Alt + X to convert that character into it's unicode number. The code is shown on the left hand side of the status bar in Character Map in the form U + <hexadecimal code>, e.g., U + 0061 for the letter a.

Selecting letters A to E will result in it being considered a hexadecimal number and it will convert to the unicode characters (which are things like form feed and the enter key).

Run Wordpad

[Back to International Contents]

Converting Between Decimal and Hexadecimal [Prev | Next | Contents]
To convert hexadecimal to decimal start Windows Calculator (type calc in Start - Run or Start - All Programs - Accessories - Calculator) and choose Scientific from the View menu. Select Hex, enter the number, and click Dec. Hex and Decimal are also on the View menu.

Run Calculator

Enter a number to convert

[Back to International Contents]

Character Codes [Prev | Next | Contents]
The first 32 characters of the ANSI and Unicode character set are not used. In Dos they are either special characters or terminal control codes (depending on the program). In Dos pressing the Ctrl + <letter> or Alt + <a character code> may enter them, issue a terminal command (eg Ctrl + M or Alt + 13 is same as the Enter key) command, or accept it as a terminal command (it will appear as ^M for later processing). In some Dos text editors, such as Edit supplied with Windows (type Edit in Start - Run), will enter the character in the document after pressing Ctrl + P then the Ctrl + <a letter> character. Entering them in Windows (eg Alt + 8) will insert the ANSI or Unicode code for that character. Many of these characters are only in the Unicode character set and therefore will only work in recent Windows' programs. See the Introduction for troubleshooting if it doesn't accept the character. Most programs require special settings.

If a square is inserted it means the font you are using does not have that character in it. Choose a different font (Arial is a good choice).

If most of the characters below are shown as squares then you have overridden this page's choice of fonts and using a font that doesn't have that character in it as most fonts with windows, and Internet Explorer's default font, don't have these unicode symbols in it.

Codes 32 to 127 are common among OEM, ANSI, and Unicode (for English). Codes 128 to 255 are common between ANSI and Unicode.

Some computers may use OEM character set 850. This list here is 850 which is the default unless configured differently by the user.

To find the OEM code page type in a command prompt mode /status | find "Code page".

Find out OEM code page

Run Edit