where are files after easy transfer?

lordior

where are files after easy transfer?
I used the Windows Easy Transfer with the belkin cable from a windows xp to a
windows vista laptop. It went through all the steps and at the end gave me a
list of all the successful transfers and they were all there. But I never
saw anything about choosing where to have the files transferred or where they
were. Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find the files on my new computer.
Richard G. Harper

Re: where are files after easy transfer?
Easy Transfer should have copied the files and settings directly to the new
computer without storing them anywhere. If you go to the laptop and log on
they should be there, ready to use.

"lordior" <lordior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used the Windows Easy Transfer with the belkin cable from a windows xp to
> windows vista laptop. It went through all the steps and at the end gave
> me a
> list of all the successful transfers and they were all there. But I never
> saw anything about choosing where to have the files transferred or where
> they
> were. Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find the files on my new
> computer.

lordior

Re: where are files after easy transfer?
Hm. Okay, thank you. I must have done something incorrectly because I
thought they would be there like you said but they weren't.

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Easy Transfer should have copied the files and settings directly to the new
> computer without storing them anywhere. If you go to the laptop and log on
> they should be there, ready to use.

dzomlija

Re: where are files after easy transfer?

What Richard meant, I think, was that the file would be in the same
place where they started. If a file was originally in "C:\My Documents"
on the the old computer, then Easy Transfer will put them into "C:\My
Documents" on the new computer.

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn...

- ASUS A8N32-SLi-Deluxe
- AMD Atlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007
Richard G. Harper

Re: where are files after easy transfer?
When you started the EasyTransfer on the laptop it should have asked you
which profile to apply the files to, and probably should have requested a
logoff/logon to activate the "new" transferred settings - did it?

> Hm. Okay, thank you. I must have done something incorrectly because I
> thought they would be there like you said but they weren't.
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> Easy Transfer should have copied the files and settings directly to the
>> new
>> computer without storing them anywhere. If you go to the laptop and log
>> on
>> they should be there, ready to use.

Richard G. Harper

Re: where are files after easy transfer?
Uh ... no, that's not correct. Neither is it what I meant.

"dzomlija" <dzomlija.2yga55@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> What Richard meant, I think, was that the file would be in the same
> place where they started. If a file was originally in "C:\My Documents"
> on the the old computer, then Easy Transfer will put them into "C:\My
> Documents" on the new computer.

Geoff

Re: where are files after easy transfer?
PMJI, but I've got a similar issue. I can see where my folders are located
on the Vista box, but they all get the error Access is Denied when I try to
open them. I transferred from/to identical account names, both are
Administrators, but I did not get prompted for a login. Both have blank
passwords. How do I access my files on the Vista box?

Geoff