No Thumbnails in Vista Exploer (file manager)

p_bessey

No Thumbnails in Vista Exploer (file manager)
Vista Explorer suddenly stopped showing thumbnails of jpg's. At first I
couldn't see thumbnails of new pictures I added, but after I cleared the
thumbnail cache using the Windows cleanup utility, I can't see thumbnails of
the older images either. I have already made sure that my system is set for
best appearance (the check box for "do not show thumbnails" is not checked in
the folder settings menu.) Also, could someone please tell me how to change
the default file manager (i.e. replace windows explorer with an alternative).
I don't see how through "default programs", but maybe I'm missing something.

Franz

RE: No Thumbnails in Vista Exploer (file manager)
Hallo,

I have the same problem. I additionally deleted all files in
C:\Users\Franz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Exp lorer, but it didn't work.

"p_bessey" wrote:

> Vista Explorer suddenly stopped showing thumbnails of jpg's. At first I
> couldn't see thumbnails of new pictures I added, but after I cleared the
> thumbnail cache using the Windows cleanup utility, I can't see thumbnails of
> the older images either. I have already made sure that my system is set for
> best appearance (the check box for "do not show thumbnails" is not checked in
> the folder settings menu.) Also, could someone please tell me how to change
> the default file manager (i.e. replace windows explorer with an alternative).
> I don't see how through "default programs", but maybe I'm missing something.

Franz

RE: No Thumbnails in Vista Exploer (file manager)
After searching for a while, I found the following thread:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1

The solution posted there helps!!

"he Shift key toggles files names on and off in Thumbnails view. When you
open Windows Explorer, go to View and ensure that it's set to something
other than Thumbnails, then go to View again and hold down the Shift key as
you select Thumbnails. "

It's very crazy, but it works ;-)