Error when doing an Advanced Search in Vista Home Premium Edition

Lindsay B.

Error when doing an Advanced Search in Vista Home Premium Edition
Every time I do a Search, Advanced in Vista, I receive the following error
message box:
"Compressed (Zipped) Folders"
"Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to
continue."

I have tried to search for solutions through microsoft.com and the internet
and have come up empty. Also, I notice this is happening on another computer
I am using that is running Vista Home Premium Edition. I have not installed
any type of compression software on either of these computers (both Acer
notebooks).

If anyone can give me some insight into how to fix this annoying issue I
will be very grateful! If I have posted in the wrong forum, please let me
know which is the right one to post this message to!
-Lindsay
Wade

RE: Error when doing an Advanced Search in Vista Home Premium Edition
I Have this exact same problem, it's 12:30 and I need to go to bed but this
is agrivating me so badly.

"Lindsay B." wrote:

> Every time I do a Search, Advanced in Vista, I receive the following error
> message box:
> "Compressed (Zipped) Folders"
> "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to
> continue."
>
> I have tried to search for solutions through microsoft.com and the internet
> and have come up empty. Also, I notice this is happening on another computer
> I am using that is running Vista Home Premium Edition. I have not installed
> any type of compression software on either of these computers (both Acer
> notebooks).
>
> If anyone can give me some insight into how to fix this annoying issue I
> will be very grateful! If I have posted in the wrong forum, please let me
> know which is the right one to post this message to!
> -Lindsay

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Error when doing an Advanced Search in Vista Home Premium Edition
Wade

More details may help to pinpoint the problem.

What folders are you trying to search?
What is the exact path to these folders?
Are the folders on an external hard drive, USB drive, or CD/DVD disk?
What search terms are you using?
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Wade" <Wade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I Have this exact same problem, it's 12:30 and I need to go to bed but this
> is agrivating me so badly.
>
> "Lindsay B." wrote:
>
>> Every time I do a Search, Advanced in Vista, I receive the following
>> error
>> message box:
>> "Compressed (Zipped) Folders"
>> "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to
>> continue."
>>
>> I have tried to search for solutions through microsoft.com and the
>> internet
>> and have come up empty. Also, I notice this is happening on another
>> computer
>> I am using that is running Vista Home Premium Edition. I have not
>> installed
>> any type of compression software on either of these computers (both Acer
>> notebooks).
>>
>> If anyone can give me some insight into how to fix this annoying issue I
>> will be very grateful! If I have posted in the wrong forum, please let me
>> know which is the right one to post this message to!
>> -Lindsay

arnaud0

Re: Error when doing an Advanced Search in Vista Home Premium Edit
I have the exact same message (windows Vista Home Premium on a quad 32 bits
system), although I'm *not* doing a search. I'm copying files (from a flash
USB key - any of them) and until I cancel out the message the copying hangs
on. For information, I have installed 7zip (but I just trashed a machine
that did the same thing WITHOUT 7zip, so I'm not sure that is relevant. Any
idea?

Thanks.

Arnaud