Unable to create new folder

weary

Unable to create new folder
Can anybody help me?

I am unable to create new folders in Explorer. Windows Vista "hangs" when I
create a new folder. It just took me about 1/2 hour to create 10 folders!

This is the message I always receive(after hitting CNTL+DELETE+ALT and "END
TASK" for the folder(each folder):
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: explorer.exe

I have searched everywhere, and I can find no fix. I deleted Adobe REader,
but that did not help.

- getting ready to beg

brink

Re: Unable to create new folder

weary;476796 Wrote:
> Can anybody help me?
>
> I am unable to create new folders in Explorer. Windows Vista "hangs"
> when I
> create a new folder. It just took me about 1/2 hour to create 10
> folders!
>
> This is the message I always receive(after hitting CNTL+DELETE+ALT and
> "END
> TASK" for the folder(each folder):
> Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
> Application Name: explorer.exe
>
> I have searched everywhere, and I can find no fix. I deleted Adobe
> REader,
> but that did not help.
>
> - getting ready to beg

Hi Weary,

Try using this tutorial to see if it will resolve your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69837-new-folder.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
weary

Re: Unable to create new folder
Brink,
Thanks - but this issue is not caused by lack of knowledge from the user
(me) needing a "tutorial". I am a Software Engineer!

There are software design flaws within Vista that I can not possibly fix!
Microsoft sold this crap, and now we are all just victims.

FOr past two months - I have been unable to create new folders. I have
tried every possible fix I can think of.

Notice how that Microsoft provides no help. This is my second post about
this issue, and I have not even one suggested "fix". I would re-format the
hard drive and install Windows XP, but I have data here that belongs to a
client - and I am still hoping that Microsoft will provide some assistance.

very weary

weary;477493 Wrote:
> Brink,
> Thanks - but this issue is not caused by lack of knowledge from the
> user
> (me) needing a "tutorial". I am a Software Engineer!
>
> There are software design flaws within Vista that I can not possibly
> fix!
> Microsoft sold this crap, and now we are all just victims.
>
> FOr past two months - I have been unable to create new folders. I have
> tried every possible fix I can think of.
>
> Notice how that Microsoft provides no help. This is my second post
> about
> this issue, and I have not even one suggested "fix". I would re-format
> the
> hard drive and install Windows XP, but I have data here that belongs to
> client - and I am still hoping that Microsoft will provide some
> assistance.
>
> very weary

Ok Very Weary,

The tutorial contained a .reg file download that is the usual solution
for this type of problem with the New Folder. Did you give it a try?

If it did not help you, then you might consider doing a Repair install.
This will allow you to repair your Vista installation without loosing
your files, settings, and programs. Just to be safe, I would backup
anything you do not want to lose in case something goes wrong during
installation. You can see details on this here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
R. C. White

Re: Unable to create new folder
Hi, Weary.

As a software engineer, you understand that we need to know, step by step,
exactly HOW you are trying to create the new folder. Are you right-clicking
in Windows Explorer? Or are you clicking File | New? In either case, do
you see the Context Menu with Folder as the first item? Or are you using
"md NewFolder" in a Command Prompt window? Or ... ?

WHERE are you trying to create the new folder? Vista is very reluctant to
let just anybody create new folders in Program Files or in some other
special folders.

Please tell us your Vista version in your next post, including whether
32-bit or 64-bit. A brief description of your computer hardware might be
helpful, too. Are you the Administrator? And logged on as such?

We want to help you figure out why it doesn't work for you, although it
works for me - and nearly everybody else. What is different about your
hardware or your method of creating folders?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX