Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Live Icon thumbnail for Video files

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2007
bonandar
 

Posts: n/a
Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I didn't
install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my problem.
Thanks a lot

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2007
Rogue
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?

Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
(Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)

The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
(Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')

Or is it something else?

"bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
> The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I didn't
> install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my problem.
> Thanks a lot
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2007
bonandar
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the thing
that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type is.

"Rogue" wrote:

> I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?
>
> Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
> (Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)
>
> The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
> (Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
> Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')
>
> Or is it something else?
>
> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
> > The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I didn't
> > install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my problem.
> > Thanks a lot
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2007
Rogue
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
Did you try option 2 that I suggested?

The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
(Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')

that sounds most like what you described.

"bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B877CE06-B096-42F1-B2F2-55D8D8D13AC6@microsoft.com...
> sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
> folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the
> thing
> that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type is.
>
> "Rogue" wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?
>>
>> Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
>> (Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)
>>
>>
>> Or is it something else?
>>
>> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
>> > The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I
>> > didn't
>> > install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my problem.
>> > Thanks a lot
>> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2007
bonandar
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
yes. i have already tried both ways u showed me but its still not working.

"Rogue" wrote:

> Did you try option 2 that I suggested?
>
> The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
> (Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
> Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')
>
> that sounds most like what you described.
>
> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B877CE06-B096-42F1-B2F2-55D8D8D13AC6@microsoft.com...
> > sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
> > folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the
> > thing
> > that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type is.
> >
> > "Rogue" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?
> >>
> >> Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
> >> (Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)
> >>
> >>
> >> Or is it something else?
> >>
> >> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
> >> > The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I
> >> > didn't
> >> > install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my problem.
> >> > Thanks a lot
> >> >

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2007
Rogue
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
Sorry, but I am a bit puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that
you have it set to another view, such as details or small icons. If it is
possible could you post a screen shot or something

"bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCA806C8-B499-4DB8-A573-AC1E0D0D6BE5@microsoft.com...
> yes. i have already tried both ways u showed me but its still not working.
>
> "Rogue" wrote:
>
>> Did you try option 2 that I suggested?
>>
>> The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
>> (Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
>> Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')
>>
>> that sounds most like what you described.
>>
>> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:B877CE06-B096-42F1-B2F2-55D8D8D13AC6@microsoft.com...
>> > sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
>> > folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the
>> > thing
>> > that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type
>> > is.
>> >
>> > "Rogue" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?
>> >>
>> >> Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
>> >> (Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Or is it something else?
>> >>
>> >> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
>> >> > The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I
>> >> > didn't
>> >> > install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my
>> >> > problem.
>> >> > Thanks a lot
>> >> >

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2007
Thornie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
Similar problem I have referred to in "thumbnails for video files in windows
XP". In thumbnail view my photos show the actual photo, but in thumbnail view
my videos only now show the AVI or MPG icons and not the first frame of the
movie.
--
Always
Thornie


"Rogue" wrote:

> Sorry, but I am a bit puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that
> you have it set to another view, such as details or small icons. If it is
> possible could you post a screen shot or something
>
> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCA806C8-B499-4DB8-A573-AC1E0D0D6BE5@microsoft.com...
> > yes. i have already tried both ways u showed me but its still not working.
> >
> > "Rogue" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try option 2 that I suggested?
> >>
> >> The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
> >> (Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
> >> Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')
> >>
> >> that sounds most like what you described.
> >>
> >> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:B877CE06-B096-42F1-B2F2-55D8D8D13AC6@microsoft.com...
> >> > sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
> >> > folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the
> >> > thing
> >> > that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type
> >> > is.
> >> >
> >> > "Rogue" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?
> >> >>
> >> >> Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
> >> >> (Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> Or is it something else?
> >> >>
> >> >> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I
> >> >> > didn't
> >> >> > install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my
> >> >> > problem.
> >> >> > Thanks a lot
> >> >> >

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2007
Thornie
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Live Icon thumbnail for Video files
Ditto problem. Only seems to have occured recently. Maybe is a new bug in the
system caused by a recent patch? If so hope Microsoft fixes it soon.
--
Always
Thornie


"Rogue" wrote:

> Sorry, but I am a bit puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that
> you have it set to another view, such as details or small icons. If it is
> possible could you post a screen shot or something
>
> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCA806C8-B499-4DB8-A573-AC1E0D0D6BE5@microsoft.com...
> > yes. i have already tried both ways u showed me but its still not working.
> >
> > "Rogue" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try option 2 that I suggested?
> >>
> >> The Icons show in explorer views but not the actual preview?
> >> (Organize > Folder and search Options > View tab, Advanced settings >
> >> Uncheck 'Always show icons, never thumbnails')
> >>
> >> that sounds most like what you described.
> >>
> >> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:B877CE06-B096-42F1-B2F2-55D8D8D13AC6@microsoft.com...
> >> > sorry for my english.. the problem is like.. you know when you open the
> >> > folder some pics of the movie shows as the icon isn't it. those are the
> >> > thing
> >> > that doesn't show anymore and the icon just show.. wat the file type
> >> > is.
> >> >
> >> > "Rogue" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> I'm sorry, but could you elaborate just a bit?
> >> >>
> >> >> Do you mean they don't work in the preview pane?
> >> >> (Organize > Layout > Preview Pane)
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> Or is it something else?
> >> >>
> >> >> "bonandar" <bonandar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> newsDA36E49-4BA5-4DED-9939-39F4DA3986A4@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > The thumbnail clips for my WMV, AVI & etc doesn't work anymore. I
> >> >> > didn't
> >> >> > install anyother programme. PLease somebody help me with my
> >> >> > problem.
> >> >> > Thanks a lot
> >> >> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video thumbnail preview picture not showing Nicholas microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 8 09-26-2009 15:48
Thumbnail error with AVI files netverde microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 12 01-22-2009 20:07
video thumbnail black Someone microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 7 09-09-2007 16:54
More Video Thumbnail Problems =?Utf-8?B?TGVlRGFya1RyYW5jZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 03-30-2007 20:50
Flip 3D/live thumbnail refresh problem JH microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 12:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120