Vista search won't open individual emails

Julie In Brooklyn

Vista search won't open individual emails
First off, I am NOT MS's biggest fan by a long shot. However, under XP I
installed Windows Desktop Search, and I really really like it. I could search
all of my outlook 2003 email, delete emails, move emails etc etc.

Now I have a new laptop with vista on it. I have installed Outlook 2003, and
allowed the indexer to run over night. When I use search to search for
emails, I can see the email subject line etc, but when I double-click, I
can't **open** the email. Nor can I move them or delete them.

This is so depressing. And a MAJOR waste of my time. ARRRRRGGGHHHHH
Roy in London, England

RE: Vista search won't open individual emails
Hi Julie,
You're lucky.
I don't find any Emails at all with my Home Vista/Outlook 2003 setup!!

So far:-
Outlook appears in the Index options, all ticked all the way through the
personal folders etc.
I have enable .pst file type in the advanced index settings.
All the folder properties in the paths to the personal folders have the
indexing enabled.
I have done a Detect and Repair from the Outlook Help button, followed by a
reboot and re-index.
I have tried Rebuild and left it running all night with Oultlook launched,
in
case it was still indexing in the background.
If I rebuild, the indexing always starts and stops according to the
Indexing Options window within a couple of minutes.
Last night I downloaded and applied Addon:-

This is supposed to include .msg type files.
Still no luck.
Think I might just give it a tap with he magic rubber mallet.

Maybe if you try some of these you may be able to open your files.

If anyone else has suggestions for me please reply (sorry if I am hijacking
your post. I will be posting this separately)

"Julie In Brooklyn" wrote:

> First off, I am NOT MS's biggest fan by a long shot. However, under XP I
> installed Windows Desktop Search, and I really really like it. I could search
> all of my outlook 2003 email, delete emails, move emails etc etc.
>
> Now I have a new laptop with vista on it. I have installed Outlook 2003, and
> allowed the indexer to run over night. When I use search to search for
> emails, I can see the email subject line etc, but when I double-click, I
> can't **open** the email. Nor can I move them or delete them.
>
> This is so depressing. And a MAJOR waste of my time. ARRRRRGGGHHHHH

huberth

Re: Vista search won't open individual emails

I have the same problem. When I do a SEARCH on my Vista 64 bit system, I
can open the search results if they are HTML or Text, etc., but not if
they are Outlook (2003) e-mails.

I can see the titles, dates, etc. - EMAILS just WON'T OPEN

--
huberth