Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?

Soundchaser

Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?
There are two things I really hate about Vista (lots of things
but I can kill em)

1- when I delete a folder in filemanager (windows explorer)
it remains in the tree even after a refresh. I create files and folders
as 50% of what I do on my machine and this is driving me nuts.
How do I kill that function?

2-I want the "Details" setting for the files and folders view settings.
They are constantly resetting to "Tiles" or "Icons" and I want ALL
files and folders to default to "Details" always!

I've come close to tossing the thing out the window more than once!
Can anyone out there suggest alternate software or registry changes or
anything to kill these annoying features?
HELP HELP HELP

p.s. I've gone back to xp and tried several Linux flavours
in the last 8 months and they can't do what I need to do
so that's out
LoneStar

Re: Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?

"Soundchaser" <none@fyour.business> wrote in message
news:Xns99BF7A473A2EDnonefyourbusiness@216.168.3.4 4...

> 2-I want the "Details" setting for the files and folders view settings.
> They are constantly resetting to "Tiles" or "Icons" and I want ALL
> files and folders to default to "Details" always!

I'm not sure about your problem with deleting folders, but the problem in
setting folders to show "Details" always can probably be solved by going to
Tools and clicking on the button that says to make all folders look like the
current one. I'm not on a Vista computer now, but I believe this is the way
to get that right.

EW

Soundchaser

Re: Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?
"LoneStar" <ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote in
news:47055dc3$0$47118$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net:

> "Soundchaser" <none@fyour.business> wrote in message
> news:Xns99BF7A473A2EDnonefyourbusiness@216.168.3.4 4...
>>
>> 2-I want the "Details" setting for the files and folders view
>> settings.
>> They are constantly resetting to "Tiles" or "Icons" and I want ALL
>> files and folders to default to "Details" always!
>>

> I'm not sure about your problem with deleting folders, but the problem
> in setting folders to show "Details" always can probably be solved by
> going to Tools and clicking on the button that says to make all
> folders look like the current one. I'm not on a Vista computer now,
> but I believe this is the way to get that right.
>
> EW

Nope this problem goes beyond that. I have 2 vista machines and I've
used other peoples machines. THEY ALL DO IT! Like I said I want Vista
to ALWAYS DEFAULT TO "DETAILS"
SMussler

Re: Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?
From Windows Explorer select Organize > Folder & Search Options > View Tab
That should navigate you to the dialog familiar from XP days.
I had a bit of trouble finding it myself.
Hope that helps - Steve M.

"Soundchaser" <none@fyour.business> wrote in message
news:Xns99BF7A473A2EDnonefyourbusiness@216.168.3.4 4...
> There are two things I really hate about Vista (lots of things
> but I can kill em)
>
> 1- when I delete a folder in filemanager (windows explorer)
> it remains in the tree even after a refresh. I create files and folders
> as 50% of what I do on my machine and this is driving me nuts.
> How do I kill that function?
>
> 2-I want the "Details" setting for the files and folders view settings.
> They are constantly resetting to "Tiles" or "Icons" and I want ALL
> files and folders to default to "Details" always!
>
> I've come close to tossing the thing out the window more than once!
> Can anyone out there suggest alternate software or registry changes or
> anything to kill these annoying features?
> HELP HELP HELP
>
> p.s. I've gone back to xp and tried several Linux flavours
> in the last 8 months and they can't do what I need to do
> so that's out

Soundchaser

Re: Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?
"SMussler" <smussler.tmp1@verizon.net> wrote in

> From Windows Explorer select Organize > Folder & Search Options >
> View Tab That should navigate you to the dialog familiar from XP days.
> I had a bit of trouble finding it myself.
> Hope that helps - Steve M.
>
> "Soundchaser" <none@fyour.business> wrote in message
> news:Xns99BF7A473A2EDnonefyourbusiness@216.168.3.4 4...
>> There are two things I really hate about Vista (lots of things
>> but I can kill em)
>>
>> 1- when I delete a folder in filemanager (windows explorer)
>> it remains in the tree even after a refresh. I create files and
>> folders as 50% of what I do on my machine and this is driving me
>> nuts. How do I kill that function?
>>
>> 2-I want the "Details" setting for the files and folders view
>> settings.
>> They are constantly resetting to "Tiles" or "Icons" and I want ALL
>> files and folders to default to "Details" always!
>>
>> I've come close to tossing the thing out the window more than once!
>> Can anyone out there suggest alternate software or registry changes
>> or anything to kill these annoying features?
>> HELP HELP HELP
>>
>> p.s. I've gone back to xp and tried several Linux flavours
>> in the last 8 months and they can't do what I need to do
>> so that's out

I said I used vista for over 8 months I've been
cursing microsoft for 17 years. I think I'm aware of that function.
It don't work ya know? hence the request for help here sheesh
SMussler

Re: Vista is driving me up the wall any Ideas?
Beats me - it worked for me.
I also like seeing File Details on all folders and that's what I see, unless
I set a particular folder differently - like where I store PICS.
Are you setting folder view to details style before going to Folder Options
dialog and selecting Apply to Folders button? - You certainly do need to do
that first - as in the past.

news:Xns99C0D34F9E84Cnonefyourbusiness@216.168.3.4 4...