Scrolling Through Images In A Particular Order

Zareku

Scrolling Through Images In A Particular Order
Let me try to make some sense here, because this is very difficult to
explain...

I am trying to open some pictures in a particular order. I like to have my
files sorted by the date they were modified. I've already set this up, but
when I open the image and try to scroll to the next one, it opens the next
image as if they were alphabetically sorted rather than the date they were
modified. The files are sorted by the date they were modified, yet they are
opening in alphabetical order from that one file that I opened.

Example,

I have, say, Flower1.jpg, that is sorted by date modified. The file next to
it is called BobsHat.jpg. I open Flower1.jpg and go to the next image over,
but instead of opening BobsHat.jpg, it opens Flower2.jpg.

Anyway, I hope that made sense. I'd really like to get them to open by the
date they were modified than in alphabetical order. Any help would be really
appreciated.
Richard Urban

Re: Scrolling Through Images In A Particular Order
A program would have to be designed to do such. I have not seen any that
behave as you wish (doesn't mean they don't exist though). The same goes for
slide show type utilities.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Zareku" <Zareku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Let me try to make some sense here, because this is very difficult to
> explain...
>
> I am trying to open some pictures in a particular order. I like to have my
> files sorted by the date they were modified. I've already set this up, but
> when I open the image and try to scroll to the next one, it opens the next
> image as if they were alphabetically sorted rather than the date they were
> modified. The files are sorted by the date they were modified, yet they
> are
> opening in alphabetical order from that one file that I opened.
>
> Example,
>
> I have, say, Flower1.jpg, that is sorted by date modified. The file next
> it is called BobsHat.jpg. I open Flower1.jpg and go to the next image
> over,
> but instead of opening BobsHat.jpg, it opens Flower2.jpg.
>
> Anyway, I hope that made sense. I'd really like to get them to open by the
> date they were modified than in alphabetical order. Any help would be
> really
> appreciated.

Donald Lessau

"Zareku" <Zareku@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I have, say, Flower1.jpg, that is sorted by date modified. The file next
> it is called BobsHat.jpg. I open Flower1.jpg and go to the next image
> over,
> but instead of opening BobsHat.jpg, it opens Flower2.jpg.

I'm not sure if I got it right. By "open" you mean open in an external
application or preview inside Explorer? By "go to the next image over" you
mean ... what?

Don

Jeff Richards

Re: Scrolling Through Images In A Particular Order
If you are viewing these images in Windows Photo Gallery, then using the
forward and back buttons should move you through the images in the folder in
the order in which the folder is currently displayed in Explorer. If this
isn't working then I 'm not sure why, unless perhaps you have a very large
number of images in the folder and you haven't allowed Explorer enough time
to sort them properly.

If you are using some other application to view your images, then the sort
order for images will be controlled by options in that viewer - for
instance, in Irfanview it's under Options / Sort Directory Files.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)