Blank "Date Taken / Date Modified" field in Vista

Shaun

Blank "Date Taken / Date Modified" field in Vista
I am a big Torrent downloader who since switching from XP to Vista Ultimate
has noticed that Vista does not seem to record the date on which a file was
downloaded.

All of the XP downloaded files I archived onto data DVDs show the date they
were downloaded (the "date modified" field) when I bring up a detailed
directory listing, even when I use one of these DVDs on my Vista machine.

However, the Vista downloaded files have a "date taken" instead of a "date
modified" field and for some reason this is blank. The same problem seems to
occur with any video footage that I download from the internet.

When I try to display a directory listing by order of date downloaded, this
doesn't work, presumably because the files do not contain that information.

Is there any way of changing this, preferably by default, so that I don't
have to do something extra every time I download a file?

Dave

Re: Blank "Date Taken / Date Modified" field in Vista
With Vista, in Windows Explorer, you can customize each folder to show
whatever info you want.
Right-click on a column header, and select "More..."
You may find a field that will let you see what you want.