Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Forced association with Office 2007

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2007
JohnM
 

Posts: n/a
Forced association with Office 2007
I use Vista. I have Office 2003 (Word and Excel) installed. I can launch
these programs and then open a file. But when I double click to open a file
directly from within the directory, .doc and .xls are now launching an
installation of Office 2007--installation process begins and I have to cancel
it. Somehow MS got it so that the extensions are associated with the new
versions. How do I get it back so that the 2003 programs launch, not the
nonexistent 2007 Office that I DON'T want installed?.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Forced association with Office 2007
JohnM wrote:
> I use Vista. I have Office 2003 (Word and Excel) installed. I can launch
> these programs and then open a file. But when I double click to open a file
> directly from within the directory, .doc and .xls are now launching an
> installation of Office 2007--installation process begins and I have to cancel
> it. Somehow MS got it so that the extensions are associated with the new
> versions. How do I get it back so that the 2003 programs launch, not the
> nonexistent 2007 Office that I DON'T want installed?.


It sounds like you have a trial version of Office 2007 installed on the
computer. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features and uninstall it.
This should not affect your installed Office 2003.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2007
JohnM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Forced association with Office 2007
That did it. I didn't think it would be so simple. This is the first time I
tried posting something. Thanks.

"Malke" wrote:

> JohnM wrote:
> > I use Vista. I have Office 2003 (Word and Excel) installed. I can launch
> > these programs and then open a file. But when I double click to open a file
> > directly from within the directory, .doc and .xls are now launching an
> > installation of Office 2007--installation process begins and I have to cancel
> > it. Somehow MS got it so that the extensions are associated with the new
> > versions. How do I get it back so that the 2003 programs launch, not the
> > nonexistent 2007 Office that I DON'T want installed?.

>
> It sounds like you have a trial version of Office 2007 installed on the
> computer. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features and uninstall it.
> This should not affect your installed Office 2003.
>
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Forced association with Office 2007
JohnM wrote:
> That did it. I didn't think it would be so simple. This is the first time I
> tried posting something. Thanks.


Glad it sorted things for you. Thanks for taking the time to post back.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Office 2002 und Office 2007 unter Vista parallel m÷glich? Sascha Braeckle microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 1 09-18-2007 08:12
Compatibility issue of Office 2007 with prior version of Office GK microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 07-04-2007 00:46
Office 2007 showing setup & configuration when opening any office laurens34 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 13 04-29-2007 11:34
Office 97 Pro document converts to '2 month trial' Office 2007 for =?Utf-8?B?RnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBWaXN0YSBVc2Vy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-28-2007 01:49
California Escrow Association Announces New Officers for 2007 Paul Security News 0 03-02-2007 17:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120