Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Renaming a file

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
MrMusic
 

Posts: n/a
Renaming a file
Is there any way to REMOVE my having to double clikc every time I need
to rename a file? It slows down the process & is a pain in the behind.
As I struggle with Vista since April on my new Acer laptop, I become
CLOSER to totally removing it & installing XP. I did not have an
option when I purchased it.

You gotta work hard to make an OS system this complex to use!!!!!

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
JerryM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Renaming a file
If you right click on the file,
Do you see Rename?

"MrMusic" <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in message
newsukif3157b6977kbsg5587bqmcc16ehusp@4ax.com...
> Is there any way to REMOVE my having to double clikc every time I need
> to rename a file? It slows down the process & is a pain in the behind.
> As I struggle with Vista since April on my new Acer laptop, I become
> CLOSER to totally removing it & installing XP. I did not have an
> option when I purchased it.
>
> You gotta work hard to make an OS system this complex to use!!!!!
>
> Thanks for the help.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
MrMusic
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Renaming a file
Thanks but I know that. Please read my original post below. How does
a user REMOVE the double click confirmation on EVEY rename?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:55:41 -0600, "JerryM" <jerrym526@msn.org>
wrote:

>If you right click on the file,
>Do you see Rename?
>
>"MrMusic" <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in message
>newsukif3157b6977kbsg5587bqmcc16ehusp@4ax.com.. .
>> Is there any way to REMOVE my having to double clikc every time I need
>> to rename a file? It slows down the process & is a pain in the behind.
>> As I struggle with Vista since April on my new Acer laptop, I become
>> CLOSER to totally removing it & installing XP. I did not have an
>> option when I purchased it.
>>
>> You gotta work hard to make an OS system this complex to use!!!!!
>>
>> Thanks for the help.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2007
JerryM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Renaming a file
I can't answer that, but one other thing you can try,
On the Start-Run line type: SFC /SCANNOW
OR
Press the windows key and the letter R, to bring up the RUN line,
Type: SFC /SCANNOW

This will replace any corrupt or missing files.

"MrMusic" <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:5fvif3tls9601e7onk6aphf7p5992vfbes@4ax.com...
> Thanks but I know that. Please read my original post below. How does
> a user REMOVE the double click confirmation on EVEY rename?
>
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:55:41 -0600, "JerryM" <jerrym526@msn.org>
> wrote:
>
>>If you right click on the file,
>>Do you see Rename?
>>
>>"MrMusic" <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>newsukif3157b6977kbsg5587bqmcc16ehusp@4ax.com. ..
>>> Is there any way to REMOVE my having to double clikc every time I need
>>> to rename a file? It slows down the process & is a pain in the behind.
>>> As I struggle with Vista since April on my new Acer laptop, I become
>>> CLOSER to totally removing it & installing XP. I did not have an
>>> option when I purchased it.
>>>
>>> You gotta work hard to make an OS system this complex to use!!!!!
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2007
brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Renaming a file

MrMusic;463058 Wrote:
> Thanks but I know that. Please read my original post below. How does
> a user REMOVE the double click confirmation on EVEY rename?
>
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:55:41 -0600, "JerryM" <jerrym526@xxxxxx>
> wrote:


Hi MrMusic,

If you are renaming files or folders outside of the Desktop or your
personal user folders, then this is UAC asking for the confirmations.

You can turn UAC off if you like. This tutorial will show you how. Be
sure to read the Warning at the top.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/48...ntrol-uac.html

You could also enable the Built-in Administrator account to have it act
like XP did.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...r-account.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn


--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
renaming a file =?Utf-8?B?eWFlbA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 14 11-12-2007 22:16
Nero 6 Ultra and file renaming Communikator microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 09-20-2007 04:10
renaming folders sassy1314 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 06-29-2007 01:53
Renaming Files: Can I Prevent Explorer From Moving to Where the Renamed File Is? J. Danniel microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 2 06-02-2007 15:06
file extension not selected when renaming files in Vista Richard Stallmann microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-06-2007 15:39




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120