Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder

MrMusic

Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder
Easy with XP, click on the folder, go to Edit->Move to Folder with a
handy button on lower left screen that allows a user to "Make NEW
folder"

In all my years of using computers (27 years) I have NOT come across
such a dysfunctional app as VISTA.

You gotta be real good to make something this BAD.

Any help is apprecitaed. Have a Great Week!
Dave

Re: Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder
What's wrong with drag & drop?
Or Cut & Paste?

I added the "Copy to" and "Move to" to my right-click menu,
but some people say that can cause problems.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...ht-click-menu/

"MrMusic" <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Easy with XP, click on the folder, go to Edit->Move to Folder with a
> handy button on lower left screen that allows a user to "Make NEW
> folder"
>
> In all my years of using computers (27 years) I have NOT come across
> such a dysfunctional app as VISTA.
>
> You gotta be real good to make something this BAD.
>
> Any help is apprecitaed. Have a Great Week!

peter

Re: Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder
I have overcome this slight annoyance by using Powerdesk 6.............
http://www.v-com.com/download/download_free.html
peter
"MrMusic" <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Easy with XP, click on the folder, go to Edit->Move to Folder with a
> handy button on lower left screen that allows a user to "Make NEW
> folder"
>
> In all my years of using computers (27 years) I have NOT come across
> such a dysfunctional app as VISTA.
>
> You gotta be real good to make something this BAD.
>
> Any help is apprecitaed. Have a Great Week!

MrMusic

Re: Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder
Thanks. I added the right clicks to my mouse. I use this function
all the time so being a HOME system I am more into EASE of use.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:52:37 -0400, "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote:

>What's wrong with drag & drop?
>Or Cut & Paste?
>
>I added the "Copy to" and "Move to" to my right-click menu,
>but some people say that can cause problems.
>http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...ht-click-menu/

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Moving a directory / file from 1 location to another folder
MrMusic

You can enable the old style menu bar temporarily in Windows Explorer by
simply pressing the ALT key. You can enable them permanently by selecting
Organize/Layout and selecting the Menu Bar option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP