How to set select objects in folder view to width of filename?

Baltimoron

How to set select objects in folder view to width of filename?
Ok, the subject is probably confusing. I'm not sure if this is just how Vista
is but in XP when you selected an object by pointing your mouse at it, it
would highlight the object only as wide as its filename.

In Vista, objects are highlighted as wide as the file with the longest
filename. The really annoying thing about this is that if you a file whose
name is 32 characters long and another one that whose name is 5 characters
long you can select the latter without even moving the mouse on top of the
file--this translates into me sometimes opening files I didn't mean to.

So, is there a way to change this in the settings (I looked everywhere,
searched google, searched ms and couldn't find an answer) so that you must
actually hover your mouse pointer over a file to select it? I wish I could
show this to people because it's difficult to describe and I'm not sure that
I'm being clear. Thanks for any help!
Ciron

Re: How to set select objects in folder view to width of filename?
I understood you question and let me tell you that is an interesting one.
I tryed to find a solution earlyer but I also couldn't find a way to work
around it.