Setting displayed attributes in Explorer

MikeM

Setting displayed attributes in Explorer
In XP, I set up the format and columns I wanted to see in a Win Explorer and
used the Tools->FolderOptions to apply the settings to all folders. After
that, each time I opened Win Explorer, the layout was the same.

I tried the same procedure in Vista and noticed that the 'Apply to all
folders' only gets applied to folders of the same type as the one I'm
viewing. When I open another folder, it may or may not appear as desired
depending on whether it is the same type as the one I defined.

Is there any way to make Windows Explorer dumb enough to think of all
folders that display files and/or directories as the same 'type' so the
appear the same?

Alternately, is there a place where the types are listed and the layouts are
saved so I can duplicate the desired layout of all the types?

Thanks,

Mike
John

Re: Setting displayed attributes in Explorer
Good question. I'd like to know too. This has been a real time-soaking
problem for me.

John