Problems with Matlab

J.A.

Problems with Matlab

I generated some files in my matlab code using 'save' command, but it is not
seen on windows explorer. I've already checked using 'command prompt' that
the file does not exist.

However, I can still see the generated files in Current Directory window of
Matlab program.

I do need to edit those files in notepad for my research,.. Please help me!

I am using Vista home premium (EN) and Matlab R2006a.

Thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Problems with Matlab
JA

If these files are being written to the C:\Program Files\Matlab folder, it's
likely that they are being virtualized by Vista.

Open that folder in Windows Explorer and look for a "Compatibility Files"
button on the Command Bar. Click this button and you should be taken to the
folder where the files have been saved. The location should be:
C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Matlab folder.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"J.A." <jean@ufl.edu> wrote in message

> I generated some files in my matlab code using 'save' command, but it is
> not seen on windows explorer. I've already checked using 'command prompt'
> that the file does not exist.
>
> However, I can still see the generated files in Current Directory window
> of Matlab program.
>
> I do need to edit those files in notepad for my research,.. Please help
> me!
>
> I am using Vista home premium (EN) and Matlab R2006a.
>
> Thanks

J.A.

Re: Problems with Matlab

I found it there, Thank you.

> JA
>
> If these files are being written to the C:\Program Files\Matlab folder,
> it's likely that they are being virtualized by Vista.
>
> Open that folder in Windows Explorer and look for a "Compatibility Files"
> button on the Command Bar. Click this button and you should be taken to
> the folder where the files have been saved. The location should be:
> C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\Matlab
> folder.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "J.A." <jean@ufl.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> I generated some files in my matlab code using 'save' command, but it is
>> not seen on windows explorer. I've already checked using 'command prompt'
>> that the file does not exist.
>>
>> However, I can still see the generated files in Current Directory window
>> of Matlab program.
>>
>> I do need to edit those files in notepad for my research,.. Please help
>> me!
>>
>> I am using Vista home premium (EN) and Matlab R2006a.
>>
>> Thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Problems with Matlab
JA