Two Explorer wanted

MPS

Two Explorer wanted
Hi all,

I used to have an app called Two Explorers.

It would open 2 Explorer frames side by side so you could easily compare, copy and move files and
folders in one go.

Does anyone know whether there is a VISTA compatible app doing Two Explorers (or more!) available
somewhere?

I Googled but failed to find one.

Looking forward,

Maria

peter

Re: Two Explorer wanted
http://www.tech-pro.net/xplorer2.html

"MPS" <maria.steyn@nospamorange.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I used to have an app called Two Explorers.
>
> It would open 2 Explorer frames side by side so you could easily compare,
> copy and move files and folders in one go.
>
> Does anyone know whether there is a VISTA compatible app doing Two
> Explorers (or more!) available somewhere?
>
> I Googled but failed to find one.
>
> Looking forward,
>
> Maria

MPS

Re: Two Explorer wanted
HI Peter,

thx for letting me know. Will check & test.

Have you used it yourself, under VISTA?

Curious,

Maria

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> schreef in bericht news:uFMzUFT%23HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> http://www.tech-pro.net/xplorer2.html
>
> "MPS" <maria.steyn@nospamorange.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I used to have an app called Two Explorers.
>>
>> It would open 2 Explorer frames side by side so you could easily compare,
>> copy and move files and folders in one go.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether there is a VISTA compatible app doing Two
>> Explorers (or more!) available somewhere?
>>
>> I Googled but failed to find one.
>>
>> Looking forward,
>>
>> Maria

MPS

Re: Two Explorer wanted
Peter -

Incredible -- it comes with a 325-page manual..!
For $ 25 including software.
Not even VISTA itself uses that much.
Will report back soon - waiting for my invisible defrag to end soon (?)

Maria

"peter" <peter@nowhere.net> schreef in bericht news:uFMzUFT%23HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> http://www.tech-pro.net/xplorer2.html
>
> "MPS" <maria.steyn@nospamorange.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I used to have an app called Two Explorers.
>>
>> It would open 2 Explorer frames side by side so you could easily compare,
>> copy and move files and folders in one go.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether there is a VISTA compatible app doing Two
>> Explorers (or more!) available somewhere?
>>
>> I Googled but failed to find one.
>>
>> Looking forward,
>>
>> Maria

Engel

Re: Two Explorer wanted
Helo MPS,

Best way to experience this is to open two Explorer windows, CTRL+click each
in the taskbar, and then right-click one of the buttons and choose Show
Windows Side By Side (or Show Windows Stacked). Now you can drag and drop
files and folders to your heart's content, and while it's no File Manager,
it's not too shabby.

Good luck

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ┬║ut
- -- -

"MPS" wrote:

> Peter -
>
> Incredible -- it comes with a 325-page manual..!
> For $ 25 including software.
> Not even VISTA itself uses that much.
> Will report back soon - waiting for my invisible defrag to end soon (?)
>
> Maria
>

> "peter" <peter@nowhere.net> schreef in bericht news:uFMzUFT%23HHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > http://www.tech-pro.net/xplorer2.html
> >
> > "MPS" <maria.steyn@nospamorange.nl> wrote in message
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I used to have an app called Two Explorers.
> >>
> >> It would open 2 Explorer frames side by side so you could easily compare,
> >> copy and move files and folders in one go.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know whether there is a VISTA compatible app doing Two
> >> Explorers (or more!) available somewhere?
> >>
> >> I Googled but failed to find one.
> >>
> >> Looking forward,
> >>
> >> Maria

peter

Re: Two Explorer wanted
actually I use this one
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/powerdeskfree.html

peter
> HI Peter,
>
> thx for letting me know. Will check & test.
>
> Have you used it yourself, under VISTA?
>
> Curious,
>
> Maria
>

> "peter" <peter@nowhere.net> schreef in bericht
>> http://www.tech-pro.net/xplorer2.html
>>
>> "MPS" <maria.steyn@nospamorange.nl> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I used to have an app called Two Explorers.
>>>
>>> It would open 2 Explorer frames side by side so you could easily
>>> compare, copy and move files and folders in one go.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know whether there is a VISTA compatible app doing Two
>>> Explorers (or more!) available somewhere?
>>>
>>> I Googled but failed to find one.
>>>
>>> Looking forward,
>>>
>>> Maria

MPS

Re: Two Explorer wanted
Thank you for all your suggestions!

I will have a short autumn holiday break now and report back to you.

Ciao,

Maria

"Engel" <Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
newsC656FE4-F021-4D48-8A7E-752C0453BF33@microsoft.com...