Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

"FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2007
PeeTree
 

Posts: n/a
"FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the only
one.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine, until
one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist" pops
up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They all
fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
fantastic.

p.s. I miss XP
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2007
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
Where were you trying to create this folder?
You can't create a folder in, or use the "My Music", "My documents", etc, as
these aren't really folders.

Use the Music folder under your login account, or under the Public account
(if you want to share the music)




"PeeTree" <PeeTree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1596D329-C008-4DD5-8AC9-70187DC3C14D@microsoft.com...
> I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the
> only
> one.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine,
> until
> one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
> folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist" pops
> up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They
> all
> fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
> fantastic.
>
> p.s. I miss XP


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2007
alfetch
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"

Hello, i have had the same problem in some time now.. When i create a
folder on my desktop which i want to rename. I get the error "Folder
does not exist"...

I got vista ultimate.. Can you help? I have administrator rights.


--
alfetch
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
Yasir shah
 

Posts: n/a
RE: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
Please let me know if you get the answer of your question from some body
because I also faced the same problem of renaming the folders on my desktop.
Thanks a lot !

"PeeTree" wrote:

> I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the only
> one.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine, until
> one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
> folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist" pops
> up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They all
> fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
> fantastic.
>
> p.s. I miss XP

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
Yasir

There is a short tutorial that fixes this problem in Vista at the following
website.

New Folder - Vista x64 Forums:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69837-new-folder.html


--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"Yasir shah" <Yasirshah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:90AEEF1A-9077-41BF-8E32-D51CBE713542@microsoft.com...
> Please let me know if you get the answer of your question from some body
> because I also faced the same problem of renaming the folders on my
> desktop.
> Thanks a lot !
>
> "PeeTree" wrote:
>
>> I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the
>> only
>> one.
>>
>> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine,
>> until
>> one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
>> folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist"
>> pops
>> up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They
>> all
>> fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
>> fantastic.
>>
>> p.s. I miss XP


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2007
Gold3nMan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
that didnt work for me, anyone else have a suggestion, thanks.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Yasir
>
> There is a short tutorial that fixes this problem in Vista at the following
> website.
>
> New Folder - Vista x64 Forums:
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69837-new-folder.html
>
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "Yasir shah" <Yasirshah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:90AEEF1A-9077-41BF-8E32-D51CBE713542@microsoft.com...
> > Please let me know if you get the answer of your question from some body
> > because I also faced the same problem of renaming the folders on my
> > desktop.
> > Thanks a lot !
> >
> > "PeeTree" wrote:
> >
> >> I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the
> >> only
> >> one.
> >>
> >> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine,
> >> until
> >> one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
> >> folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist"
> >> pops
> >> up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They
> >> all
> >> fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
> >> fantastic.
> >>
> >> p.s. I miss XP

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2007
rohitsarin18
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"

The so-called fix did not work for me either. Does anyone have a
solution now?


--
rohitsarin18
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2008
PeeTree
 

Posts: n/a
RE: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
I just ended up getting a new computer anyways. I really hope everyone can
figure out why Vista is being so lame. nothing seemed to fix it.


I love my macbook tho.

"PeeTree" wrote:

> I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the only
> one.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine, until
> one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
> folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist" pops
> up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They all
> fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
> fantastic.
>
> p.s. I miss XP

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2008
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"
Probably just a case of insufficient permissions, or virtual store.


--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"PeeTree" <PeeTree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C29E4B65-6422-454F-8793-0EFC91334205@microsoft.com...
> I just ended up getting a new computer anyways. I really hope everyone can
> figure out why Vista is being so lame. nothing seemed to fix it.
>
>
> I love my macbook tho.
>
> "PeeTree" wrote:
>
>> I have seen several different people with this problem, so I am not the
>> only
>> one.
>>
>> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, and everything was working fine,
>> until
>> one day I went to reorganize my music, and when I tried creating a new
>> folder, it wouldn't let me rename it. "File or folder does not exist"
>> pops
>> up. This is quite frustrating, I have tried everyone's suggestions. They
>> all
>> fail. If anyone has found a way to fix this annoyance, that would be
>> fantastic.
>>
>> p.s. I miss XP


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2008
Brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "FILE OR FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST"

alfetch;499455 Wrote:
> Hello, i have had the same problem in some time now.. When i create a
> folder on my desktop which i want to rename. I get the error "Folder
> does not exist"...
>
> I got vista ultimate.. Can you help? I have administrator rights.


Hi Everyone,

This solution should fix the problem for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...vista-fix.html

Shawn


--
Brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
'*Vista Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
File sharing problems - "your folder could not be shared" bjterp00 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 29 11-25-2010 18:29
Include shared folder/file in "save" file list Bill W microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 08-08-2007 22:49
"Open File Location" in Search Results opens Recent Items Folder dorjen1 microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 5 07-31-2007 18:13
temp file folder - "read only" and hidden jimk microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 06-21-2007 05:32
File sharing "any folder" on Vista Vtnt007 microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 2 06-10-2007 20:07




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120