I cant open word documents sent as an email attachment

troubletrouble

I cant open word documents sent as an email attachment
Hi,

When someone sends me an attachment of a word document i try to open it but
it opens in notebook and all i get is a few words and a lot of code. Can you
help me please???? This is really annoying me!
Malke

Re: I cant open word documents sent as an email attachment
troubletrouble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When someone sends me an attachment of a word document i try to open it but
> it opens in notebook and all i get is a few words and a lot of code. Can you
> help me please???? This is really annoying me!

You need to have MS Word installed (not free) or the free Word viewer or
a program that can open MS Word files such as OpenOffice Writer (free).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX100647101033.aspx - MS Office Online
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891090 - How to obtain the latest
Microsoft Word Viewer
http://www.openoffice.org - OpenOffice office suite

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Hank Arnold (MVP)

troubletrouble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When someone sends me an attachment of a word document i try to open it but
> it opens in notebook and all i get is a few words and a lot of code. Can you
> help me please???? This is really annoying me!

Have you tried saving it to a folder and then opening it? Are you sure
it's a Word document? Maybe a newer version (2007)??

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: I cant open word documents sent as an email attachment
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:44:01 -0700, troubletrouble
<troubletrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When someone sends me an attachment of a word document

Everyone or just some people?

> i try to open it but
> it opens in notebook and all i get is a few words and a lot of code. Can you
> help me please???? This is really annoying me!

What's the extension of the file name? .doc? .docx? Something else?

Do you have Microsoft Word installed? What version?

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Bruce Chambers

troubletrouble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When someone sends me an attachment of a word document i try to open it but
> it opens in notebook and all i get is a few words and a lot of code. Can you
> help me please???? This is really annoying me!

Do you have Microsoft Word installed? If not, there is a free viewer
available from Microsoft:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...wers&av=DCT000

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

troubletrouble

RE: I cant open word documents sent as an email attachment

The emails are ones that are sent from old windows versions. When I open
them notebook opens and I get a few words and lots of code. I am now
downloading a free word processing program from the net to see if that works.

Thanks for all your help.