Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
Chuckuma
 

Posts: n/a
Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
I have Vista Premium Home Edition. I have tried everything, from unhiding the
files, to reading all these posts with suggestions, and nothing has worked. I
visited a website before in Windows XP, and those files are all in my temp
internet file folder. I cannot locate them in Vista. Please will someone
help me. I have heard the files are hidden in several locations, but I have
been unable to find them. thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
Chuckuma wrote:
> I have Vista Premium Home Edition. I have tried everything, from unhiding the
> files, to reading all these posts with suggestions, and nothing has worked. I
> visited a website before in Windows XP, and those files are all in my temp
> internet file folder. I cannot locate them in Vista. Please will someone
> help me. I have heard the files are hidden in several locations, but I have
> been unable to find them. thanks for your help.


\Users\$USER$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temp orary Internet Files

Where $USER$ is your user account name.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
You could try this. Open the Start Menu, and type shell:cache in the Start
Search box. Press Enter on your keyboard. In the Address box, what is the
path? Are there any files in the folder that pops up?

"Chuckuma" <Chuckuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B7E0E05F-DDD9-46E4-9969-A58E34CDCBAB@microsoft.com...
>I have Vista Premium Home Edition. I have tried everything, from unhiding
>the
> files, to reading all these posts with suggestions, and nothing has
> worked. I
> visited a website before in Windows XP, and those files are all in my temp
> internet file folder. I cannot locate them in Vista. Please will someone
> help me. I have heard the files are hidden in several locations, but I
> have
> been unable to find them. thanks for your help.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
Chuckuma
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
Yes but there are only cookie files, not the websites i have visited.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> You could try this. Open the Start Menu, and type shell:cache in the Start
> Search box. Press Enter on your keyboard. In the Address box, what is the
> path? Are there any files in the folder that pops up?
>
> "Chuckuma" <Chuckuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B7E0E05F-DDD9-46E4-9969-A58E34CDCBAB@microsoft.com...
> >I have Vista Premium Home Edition. I have tried everything, from unhiding
> >the
> > files, to reading all these posts with suggestions, and nothing has
> > worked. I
> > visited a website before in Windows XP, and those files are all in my temp
> > internet file folder. I cannot locate them in Vista. Please will someone
> > help me. I have heard the files are hidden in several locations, but I
> > have
> > been unable to find them. thanks for your help.

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
Chuckuma
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
I get the response: no items match your search

"Malke" wrote:

> Chuckuma wrote:
> > I have Vista Premium Home Edition. I have tried everything, from unhiding the
> > files, to reading all these posts with suggestions, and nothing has worked. I
> > visited a website before in Windows XP, and those files are all in my temp
> > internet file folder. I cannot locate them in Vista. Please will someone
> > help me. I have heard the files are hidden in several locations, but I have
> > been unable to find them. thanks for your help.

>
> \Users\$USER$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temp orary Internet Files
>
> Where $USER$ is your user account name.
>
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
Try this:

First, in Control Panel > Folder Options, on the View tab, do two things.
Choose to "Show hidden files and folders", and UN-check "Hide protected
operating system files (Recommended)". (Apply, OK).

Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. Copy and paste this in the Run
box:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temp orary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5

Are there any files in the alphanumerically named folders in the window that
pops up? If not, use the address bar to go "up" a couple directories, to
the Temporary Internet Files folder, and then double-click on another folder
called Content.IE5. Are there any files in those alphanumerically named
folders?

"Chuckuma" <Chuckuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:756A1D81-60AE-4D2E-8ADF-A18E4DD429F5@microsoft.com...
> Yes but there are only cookie files, not the websites i have visited.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> You could try this. Open the Start Menu, and type shell:cache in the
>> Start
>> Search box. Press Enter on your keyboard. In the Address box, what is
>> the
>> path? Are there any files in the folder that pops up?
>>
>> "Chuckuma" <Chuckuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:B7E0E05F-DDD9-46E4-9969-A58E34CDCBAB@microsoft.com...
>> >I have Vista Premium Home Edition. I have tried everything, from
>> >unhiding
>> >the
>> > files, to reading all these posts with suggestions, and nothing has
>> > worked. I
>> > visited a website before in Windows XP, and those files are all in my
>> > temp
>> > internet file folder. I cannot locate them in Vista. Please will
>> > someone
>> > help me. I have heard the files are hidden in several locations, but I
>> > have
>> > been unable to find them. thanks for your help.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
Jane C
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
Hi,

In Internet Options, on the Advanced tab, make sure that 'Empty Temporary
Internet Files folder when the browser is closed' is unchecked.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Chuckuma" <Chuckuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:756A1D81-60AE-4D2E-8ADF-A18E4DD429F5@microsoft.com...
> Yes but there are only cookie files, not the websites i have visited.
>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2007
Chuckuma
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot find temporary internet files in Vista
thanks, and yes that box was and still is unchecked.

"Jane C" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Internet Options, on the Advanced tab, make sure that 'Empty Temporary
> Internet Files folder when the browser is closed' is unchecked.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Chuckuma" <Chuckuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:756A1D81-60AE-4D2E-8ADF-A18E4DD429F5@microsoft.com...
> > Yes but there are only cookie files, not the websites i have visited.
> >

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
temporary internet files Richard Delma microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 7 08-19-2007 15:04
Temporary Internet Files n Vista bnmohan via WindowsKB.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 08-15-2007 16:28
temporary internet files Gabriela Mendosa microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 08-15-2007 04:17
Temporary Internet Files in Vista =?Utf-8?B?R3RE?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 6 02-28-2007 14:15
No files or data on IE 7 temporary Internet Files on standard acco =?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-27-2007 23:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120