Program Files Disappeared!

jay

Program Files Disappeared!
Today I right clicked on my Program Files folder (under the C: drive) and
selected "properties." I then clicked show hidden files and clicked apply.
Now my whole Program Files folder has disappeared from its original location
and I have no clue where it went. I also now cannot play one of my favorite
online games, "counter-strike". I dont know if that has anything to do with
this, but its really frustrating! Please Help!
dean-dean

Re: Program Files Disappeared!
Well, if your Program Files folder truly disappeared, Internet Explorer
wouldn't work, Windows Mail wouldn't work, two among a number of other
programs. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. Copy and Paste this
in the Run box:

"C:\Program Files"

Click OK. Does the folder for Program Files pop up? I think you hid the
Program Files folder. So when it pops up, right-click an empty spot inside
the folder, choose Properties, and un-check "Hidden" on the General tab.
(Apply, OK).

"jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Today I right clicked on my Program Files folder (under the C: drive) and
> selected "properties." I then clicked show hidden files and clicked apply.
> Now my whole Program Files folder has disappeared from its original
> location
> and I have no clue where it went. I also now cannot play one of my
> favorite
> online games, "counter-strike". I dont know if that has anything to do
> with
> this, but its really frustrating! Please Help!

jay

Re: Program Files Disappeared!
That was it! Thanks so much, Dean!