viewing pictures in the file folders

Jason L

viewing pictures in the file folders
In XP when you open a folder of pictures you can see the image in the file
folder with previewing, I can not seem to get it to do that in Vista, is
there a way to set properties to view the picture in the folder before
opening?
brink

Re: viewing pictures in the file folders

Jason L;446657 Wrote:
> In XP when you open a folder of pictures you can see the image in the
> file
> folder with previewing, I can not seem to get it to do that in Vista,
> is
> there a way to set properties to view the picture in the folder before
> opening?

Hi Jason,

You will need to enable the Folder Preview Thumbnails. This tutorial
will show you how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/73...-explorer.html

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Bruce Chambers

Jason L wrote:
> In XP when you open a folder of pictures you can see the image in the file
> folder with previewing, I can not seem to get it to do that in Vista, is
> there a way to set properties to view the picture in the folder before
> opening?

Certainly. Vista's equivalent of WinXP's Thunbnail View are the
Medium, Large, or Extra Large Icon Views.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Shimerly

Re: viewing pictures in the file folders
To take this thread one more further, I work on a web site, I have several
folders that I save separate from the web site that are a back up of the
pictures posted to the site, in XP I had thumbnail view and when I hovered
over the folders that had these pictures in them I got the date, size and the
name of the first few images in that folder, this made it handy for me to
skim the folders to remove pictures of certain images with out having to open
each folder to verify the names of the pictures inside. This is part of
Folder Tips I believe and I can not find any option to add the file names in
a folder to the view part?