Things Missing From Recent Items in the Start Menu

=?Utf-8?B?QkpMaW5laGFt?=

Things Missing From Recent Items in the Start Menu
Some files I access and edit regularly will not show up in the recent items
section of the start menu.

If I go into the "Searches" folder inside my personal folder, then go in to
"Recent Documents" some of the files shown appear with a bracketed number
after the file name. For example:

Software Licensing.xls (48)

In this case the file name is "Software Licensing.xls" and the number has
been added in the display for some reason. Files with numbers after their
names appear once for each occation that I have accessed the file, with the
number incremented for each access.

Looking in the folder where recent items appear to be stored, (which in this
case is: C:\Users\s3013938\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\Recent Items)
shows that those shortcuts in the "Recent Documents" search folder which show
a bracketed number are appearing in the recent items folder as a shortcut to
the directory in which the accessed file is stored, rather than a shortcut to
the file itself. Where as for those items that are showing up correctly, the
shortcut points to the file as you would expect it to.

This problem occurs for some files but not for others. All of my files,
indeed all of my personal folders that are either not hidden or system
folders are stored on a network drive. Files that fail to appear in Recent
Items correctly can be stored in the same folder, with identical properties,
permissions and file types to files that do show up as you would expect.

I have tried deleting the contents of
"C:\Users\s3013938\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Recent Items". I've
tried copying affected files to my local HDD then back to the network drive.
None of these things solves the problem.

Can someone advise me of how to solve this problem? Is anyone else having
problems with files not showing up in the Recent Items component of the start
menu?
=?Utf-8?B?UldGcmV5?=

RE: Things Missing From Recent Items in the Start Menu
I, too, am having the same problem.

I was hoping to find the solution in your post. I am anxiously awaiting one.