Annoying Delete Shortcut Confirmation

nLinked

Annoying Delete Shortcut Confirmation
If you delete a shortcut of a program into the Recycle Bin, it always give
an annoying confirmation saying that deleting the shortcut is not the same
as uninstalling the program. But I already know this! This was such an
annoyance in XP and it's still here in Vista.

Is there a tweak or registry edit that will remove this confirmation and let
me send program shortcuts into the Recycle Bin without a confirmation?

Keith Miller MVP

Re: Annoying Delete Shortcut Confirmation
In the Properties dialog for the Recycle Bin, there's an option for delete
confirmation. Does turning that off kill the confirmation message?

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"nLinked" <nLinked@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsC85B77E-3C79-4024-BC00-6C24D8E7B320@microsoft.com...
> If you delete a shortcut of a program into the Recycle Bin, it always give
> an annoying confirmation saying that deleting the shortcut is not the same
> as uninstalling the program. But I already know this! This was such an
> annoyance in XP and it's still here in Vista.
>
> Is there a tweak or registry edit that will remove this confirmation and
> let me send program shortcuts into the Recycle Bin without a confirmation?

nLinked

Re: Annoying Delete Shortcut Confirmation
Thanks. That's similar to what I want, but my issue is more related to
dragging a file into the Recycle Bin (although I forgot to mention this).

If I use the mouse the drag a folder or document into the Recycle Bin, it
will go into the bin without any confirmation. But if I drag a program
shortcut into the bin with the mouse, it will give a confirmation. It's that
that I want to get rid of.

If I do uncheck that box in its Properties window, I lose the confirmation
window if I use the keyboard to delete something, and I don't want that to
happen.