Cannot open folders

=?Utf-8?B?TmFodA==?=

Cannot open folders
All folders on my computer containing music will not open without me manually
clicking "explore". If I try a simple double-click, a pop-up appears
informing me that there is no program "associated" with this file type, and
directing me to the Set Associations control panel. Obviously, since folders
are neither applications nor file types, they didn't appear in the list.

I've rummaged through "Folder Options" but there's nothing of use there.
This may be a fairly trivial issue, but it's become extremely irritating of
late.
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Cannot open folders
Hi Naht,

When you right-click on that particular folder, what is the default option (shown in bold letters) ?

--
Regards,

"Naht" <Naht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20F49E9A-69CB-4EE2-924B-C2067C7102DD@microsoft.com...
All folders on my computer containing music will not open without me manually
clicking "explore". If I try a simple double-click, a pop-up appears
informing me that there is no program "associated" with this file type, and
directing me to the Set Associations control panel. Obviously, since folders
are neither applications nor file types, they didn't appear in the list.

I've rummaged through "Folder Options" but there's nothing of use there.
This may be a fairly trivial issue, but it's become extremely irritating of
late.
=?Utf-8?B?TmFodA==?=

Re: Cannot open folders
"Explore"

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Naht,
>
> When you right-click on that particular folder, what is the default option (shown in bold letters) ?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Naht" <Naht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20F49E9A-69CB-4EE2-924B-C2067C7102DD@microsoft.com...
> All folders on my computer containing music will not open without me manually
> clicking "explore". If I try a simple double-click, a pop-up appears
> informing me that there is no program "associated" with this file type, and
> directing me to the Set Associations control panel. Obviously, since folders
> are neither applications nor file types, they didn't appear in the list.
>
> I've rummaged through "Folder Options" but there's nothing of use there.
> This may be a fairly trivial issue, but it's become extremely irritating of
> late.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Cannot open folders
Assuming that "explore" is the default option for all the folders (even for folders containing music files):

What are the additional context menu items shown when you right-click a folder containing music files?

I believe this is caused by third-party shell extension(s).

--
Regards,

"Naht" <Naht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DA980F7-54AF-4FEB-9991-338F6D654CFF@microsoft.com...
"Explore"