File Associations

=?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

File Associations
What's the deal??? I downloaded an executable file to my computer, click on
it, and up came a dialog window wanting me to associate a program with an
..exe file. I happened to know that this particular file was a self extracting
zip file so I selected WinZip. Only because I couldn't launch the file
without selecting something. Now whenever I click on an executable file
WinZip is launched. To make matters even worse there appears to be no way to
remove the file assocation. You can only change it. This is not an improvment
over XP. Does anyone have an answer to this?
will f

Re: File Associations
This gets even more bizzaro. I deleted the MDB file that the app uses for
data. Not recycle bin, but permanently deleted it. The file does not appear
in Windows Explorer. Get this, though. When I open the program, it behaves
as if it is there.

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What's the deal??? I downloaded an executable file to my computer, click
> on
> it, and up came a dialog window wanting me to associate a program with an
> .exe file. I happened to know that this particular file was a self
> extracting
> zip file so I selected WinZip. Only because I couldn't launch the file
> without selecting something. Now whenever I click on an executable file
> WinZip is launched. To make matters even worse there appears to be no way
> remove the file assocation. You can only change it. This is not an
> improvment
> over XP. Does anyone have an answer to this?

will f

Re: File Associations
Oops.

Please disregard my last post to this subject. I replied to the wrong
message. My Apologies.

- will f