Corrupted avi and mpg files

Mr.Illini@gmail.com

Corrupted avi and mpg files
Hey all,

I recently upgraded to Vista Business from XP. On XP I ran the
program "my private folder" and on their I had music videos and diary
entires. Took me a while to find them but after restoring them, none
of the music videos work, they all come up with the error message
C00D1199 and the error code 80040265. After downloading every
possible codec and programs thats detect what codec is needed I am
confident the files are corrupt. Does anyone know how to repair these
files? Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsa2g=?=

RE: Corrupted avi and mpg files
Not sure if my issue would fix yours, but it sounds close. I can't see more
than one or 2 drivers being corrupt, so give this a shot.... (I would suggest
restoring your computer as far back as possible before doing this. Third part
codec packs wreak havok as much as they help)

I think I found the avi problem.... I did on mine anyway. I went back and
found one of the avi files that would not load and found that it was made
with indeo 5.1 video, so on a long shot, I went and found 5.1 codec. It's a
bit tough to load because you have to get rid of 2 files before you can go
backwards and the permission loop is a bit much. Anyway, Once you get the two
files renamed I think one of them is
41_32.ax and the other is 50_32.dll? Anyway, if you try to load the indeo
drivers without removing them first, it will tell you what they are without
any real problems.

Now, after you get back to 5.1, your problem is still there. But hold off on
stoning me just yet.......

Go to intel and download the newest indeo drivers, load them, and voila! I
was fixed and all my avi files started working. What this might mean is that
the indeo drivers shipping out on the disks might have a problem or
corrupution. Somebody do the same fix and lets see where to go from there!

Have a good one!
Dan