password

SKS89

password
i have just purchased a new computer that has Vista as the OS. I would like
to have a password on the "Administrator" account, but when I click on the
"create password" button after typing in, confirming and "hinting" my desired
password, I get a "Windows cannot change password" error. What am I doing
wrong and/or how do I go about setting a password for my user account? Thanks
in advance for all who assist.
Kevin Hicks

RE: password
What version of Windows do you have? Home Basic? Premium? Ultimate?

"SKS89" wrote:

> i have just purchased a new computer that has Vista as the OS. I would like
> to have a password on the "Administrator" account, but when I click on the
> "create password" button after typing in, confirming and "hinting" my desired
> password, I get a "Windows cannot change password" error. What am I doing
> wrong and/or how do I go about setting a password for my user account? Thanks
> in advance for all who assist.

SKS89

RE: password
I figured it out. Thanks anyways.

"Kevin Hicks" wrote:

> What version of Windows do you have? Home Basic? Premium? Ultimate?
>
> "SKS89" wrote:
>
> > i have just purchased a new computer that has Vista as the OS. I would like
> > to have a password on the "Administrator" account, but when I click on the
> > "create password" button after typing in, confirming and "hinting" my desired
> > password, I get a "Windows cannot change password" error. What am I doing
> > wrong and/or how do I go about setting a password for my user account? Thanks
> > in advance for all who assist.

podcof

RE: password
im having the same exact problem.
im using vista home premium

"Kevin Hicks" wrote:

> What version of Windows do you have? Home Basic? Premium? Ultimate?
>
> "SKS89" wrote:
>
> > i have just purchased a new computer that has Vista as the OS. I would like
> > to have a password on the "Administrator" account, but when I click on the
> > "create password" button after typing in, confirming and "hinting" my desired
> > password, I get a "Windows cannot change password" error. What am I doing
> > wrong and/or how do I go about setting a password for my user account? Thanks
> > in advance for all who assist.

GSi-R

Re: password

Me too, could someone PM me please?

--
GSi-R
qssz28

RE: password
Same problem with new computer running Vista Home Basic. My computer came
off the display shelf at Best Buy. Does this have something to do with it
and how did you fix it.

"SKS89" wrote:

> i have just purchased a new computer that has Vista as the OS. I would like
> to have a password on the "Administrator" account, but when I click on the
> "create password" button after typing in, confirming and "hinting" my desired
> password, I get a "Windows cannot change password" error. What am I doing
> wrong and/or how do I go about setting a password for my user account? Thanks
> in advance for all who assist.

pass

RE: password

Same problem also form Bestbuy off the display shelf. Any solutions?