Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'

Buddha

Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'
Every time I want to delete something, save some thing i keep getting a
message 'you need permission to preform this action' What do I turn off to
quit getting this error message?
f/fgeorge

Re: Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:56:00 -0700, Buddha
<Buddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Every time I want to delete something, save some thing i keep getting a
>message 'you need permission to preform this action' What do I turn off to
>quit getting this error message?

Right click on the recycle bin icon and then left click on properties.
There is a setting to turn that off.
Mike Bernstein

Re: Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'
This message has nothing to do with the Recycling bin especially as it
applies to saves as well. Anyway, the message that relates to the Recycling
bin is quite different.

Mike Bernstein
"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:56:00 -0700, Buddha
> <Buddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Every time I want to delete something, save some thing i keep getting a
>>message 'you need permission to preform this action' What do I turn off to
>>quit getting this error message?

> Right click on the recycle bin icon and then left click on properties.
> There is a setting to turn that off.

Mike Bernstein

Re: Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'
Before anyone can answer this, we need to know where within your filing
system are you trying to delete and/or save? In other words are you trying
to do this in your user areas e.g. c:\Users\<username>\Documents or
somewhere else entirely. Vista is more sensitive than XP about where you can
do these things without question.

Mike Bernstein
"Buddha" <Buddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I want to delete something, save some thing i keep getting a
> message 'you need permission to preform this action' What do I turn off to
> quit getting this error message?

Buddha

Re: Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'
Mike,
I am saving the file in C drive, program file and then in a folder

"Mike Bernstein" wrote:

> Before anyone can answer this, we need to know where within your filing
> system are you trying to delete and/or save? In other words are you trying
> to do this in your user areas e.g. c:\Users\<username>\Documents or
> somewhere else entirely. Vista is more sensitive than XP about where you can
> do these things without question.
>
> Mike Bernstein
> "Buddha" <Buddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I want to delete something, save some thing i keep getting a
> > message 'you need permission to preform this action' What do I turn off to
> > quit getting this error message?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Why do I get 'YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PREFORM THIS ACTION'
Buddha

The C:\Program Files folder is heavily restricted in Vista. This is part of
the new Vista security model.

Generally, If you want to save or archive files you should be placing them
somewhere in the C:\Users\username folders.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

> Mike,
> I am saving the file in C drive, program file and then in a folder
>
> "Mike Bernstein" wrote:
>
>> Before anyone can answer this, we need to know where within your filing
>> system are you trying to delete and/or save? In other words are you
>> trying
>> to do this in your user areas e.g. c:\Users\<username>\Documents or
>> somewhere else entirely. Vista is more sensitive than XP about where you
>> can
>> do these things without question.
>>
>> Mike Bernstein
>> "Buddha" <Buddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Every time I want to delete something, save some thing i keep getting a
>> > message 'you need permission to preform this action' What do I turn off
>> > quit getting this error message?

Unable to Delete Folder. 'You Need Permission To Perform This Action' Haydon microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 42 06-07-2010 20:59
"You need permission to perform this action" Tryin_to_Learn microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 11 01-23-2008 01:05
Action Solitaire 1.20 Gamer Games Feed 0 05-30-2007 04:06
Permission to perform action Julian microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 05-22-2007 03:17
Help please, you need permission to perform this action karen402@nomail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 04-19-2007 21:14