Administration password

Douglas

Administration password
I had someone to set up my computer and I am a new users. I had no problems
with theAdministrator password until I made a pass word for my mother. If I
can delete my mother password it should allow me to go foward I guess? What
do I do? ANY one with suggestions and patience please help me? Thanking
yall in advace HELP ... Even if I purchace a password recovery plan I do not
know how to install or what ever it would take for me to recover the password?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administration password
Douglas

Do you have your own Administrator account?

If so, you can simply log on with your admin account and go to Control
Panel/User Accounts, select your Mothers account and remove the password.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had someone to set up my computer and I am a new users. I had no
>problems
> with theAdministrator password until I made a pass word for my mother. If
> can delete my mother password it should allow me to go foward I guess?
> What
> do I do? ANY one with suggestions and patience please help me? Thanking
> yall in advace HELP ... Even if I purchace a password recovery plan I do
> not
> know how to install or what ever it would take for me to recover the
> password?

Douglas

Re: Administration password
Ronnie;
Thanks for your suggestion; however I don't have and don't know what my
password is? When I purchased this computer I had the company to set it up
and did not know I was to ask for my Administration password? Should you have
any more suggestions please let me know. I inquire today and I can have
everything taken off and reinstalled for $89.00. I would need someone to do
this for me because I do not know how to. Thanks again!
Douglas
--
help

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Douglas
>
> Do you have your own Administrator account?
>
> If so, you can simply log on with your admin account and go to Control
> Panel/User Accounts, select your Mothers account and remove the password.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had someone to set up my computer and I am a new users. I had no
> >problems
> > with theAdministrator password until I made a pass word for my mother. If
> > can delete my mother password it should allow me to go foward I guess?
> > What
> > do I do? ANY one with suggestions and patience please help me? Thanking
> > yall in advace HELP ... Even if I purchace a password recovery plan I do
> > not
> > know how to install or what ever it would take for me to recover the
> > password?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administration password
Douglas

I would go back to the company where you purchased the computer, I have
never heard of a PC builder who puts a password on any account and then does
not make sure the end user has that password. I certainly would not pay to
have the system fixed?