add remove programs in Windows Vista

John Hardman

add remove programs in Windows Vista
I have lost the button for the install/uninstall in the programs and
features. How do I get it back as I want to uninstall a program and that is
the only way to do it as the program did not come withn it's own uninstall.
~GREG~

RE: add remove programs in Windows Vista
If you right-click the program in the list, is there the option to
uninstall/change it there?
Just a thought.
--
~GREG~

"John Hardman" wrote:

> I have lost the button for the install/uninstall in the programs and
> features. How do I get it back as I want to uninstall a program and that is
> the only way to do it as the program did not come withn it's own uninstall.

John Hardman

RE: add remove programs in Windows Vista
No there is no drop down list if I right click.

"~GREG~" wrote:

> If you right-click the program in the list, is there the option to
> uninstall/change it there?
> Just a thought.
> --
> ~GREG~
>

> "John Hardman" wrote:
>
> > I have lost the button for the install/uninstall in the programs and
> > features. How do I get it back as I want to uninstall a program and that is
> > the only way to do it as the program did not come withn it's own uninstall.

~GREG~

RE: add remove programs in Windows Vista
> No there is no drop down list if I right click.
That's odd...
Have you tried restarting your computer, or running a virus scan?
Also, do you have this same problem with everything in Programs and
Features, or just the one?
On a side point, it seems like I once heard (way back in '98 days) that if a
program isn't in the list, it won't hurt anything if you just delete the
folder it's installed too. And, actually, I've done that with programs that
ARE in the list. Not that I should recommend that...
--
~GREG~

John Hardman

RE: add remove programs in Windows Vista
The only program that would let me delete if I wanted is microsoft office.
All the others don't have the delete show up. I have deleted programs that
way to, but then you have search through your registry to find all the traces
of the program.
Nero, adobe photoshop elements 3 won't let me delete them with uninstall
button. I read something this morning that if a program isn't written for
Vista you won't have the uninstall button in the remove prgrams folder. I'll
have to check this out further.

Thank You

John