Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users On All Vista Edit

Gayle

Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users On All Vista Edit
I need the default Behaviour of 2 User Account Control Settings On All Editions

1. Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users
Default: Prompt for credentials (home) / Automatically deny elevation
requests (enterprise)

2.User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for
elevation
Default: Enabled (home) / Disabled (enterprise)

Please direct me to where this information is documented.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users On All Vista Edit
***le

Here are some links to the information.

Overview of the Windows Vista Security Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...ity/guide.mspx

Windows Vista: User Account Control:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905108.aspx

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"***le" <***le@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need the default Behaviour of 2 User Account Control Settings On All
>Editions
>
> 1. Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users
> Default: Prompt for credentials (home) / Automatically deny elevation
> requests (enterprise)
>
> 2.User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for
> elevation
> Default: Enabled (home) / Disabled (enterprise)
>
> Please direct me to where this information is documented.

Gayle

Re: Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users On All Vista
Thanx , the links are good, but do not reveal what the defult settings for
the 2 UAC Settings in my 1st post. Their defaults are documented [only for
Home & Enterprise Editions]on their Explain Tabs .

Where I can get details for all the editions . Which Editions have identical
defaults set ?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> ***le
>
> Here are some links to the information.
>
> Overview of the Windows Vista Security Guide:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...ity/guide.mspx
>
> Windows Vista: User Account Control:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905108.aspx

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Behaviour of elevation prompt for Standard Users On All Vista
***le

I can't find the information where these defaults are documented by edition.

I can tell you that from my own experience installing all the different
versions that the defaults for all editions, except Enterprise are the same.
The Enterprise edition is the only version that has any default explicit
deny tokens set for elevation requests.