forgot administration password

jERRY GARCIA

forgot administration password
HELP HELP! i FORGOT MY PASSWORD TO LOG IN UNDER ADMINSTRATER.hOWEVER I COULD
LOG IN WITH MY SONS SETTINGS.wHAT CAN BE DONE .hOW DO I RECOVER PASSWORD.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: forgot administration password
Jerry

Does your son also have an administrator account? If so, you can log into
his account and go to Control Panel / User Accounts. Click the Manage
another account option, select your account and click the Remove the
password option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"jERRY GARCIA" <jERRY GARCIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP HELP! i FORGOT MY PASSWORD TO LOG IN UNDER ADMINSTRATER.hOWEVER I
> COULD
> LOG IN WITH MY SONS SETTINGS.wHAT CAN BE DONE .hOW DO I RECOVER PASSWORD.

GreenieLeBrun

jERRY GARCIA wrote:
> HELP HELP! i FORGOT MY PASSWORD TO LOG IN UNDER ADMINSTRATER.hOWEVER
> I COULD LOG IN WITH MY SONS SETTINGS.wHAT CAN BE DONE .hOW DO I
> RECOVER PASSWORD.

Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system (Win2000, XP and Vista are all NT class operating system).

redhead7

Re: forgot administration password
PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP!!! HOW CAN THE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD
BE RESET??? SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW THE ANSWER.

Went to site for "zip files" to create floppy disks/bootable cds to reset
forgotten administrator password as you suggested. (GrennieLeBrun) Because I
can only get on my son's "user account" that has parental controls...it asks
for the administrator password. Catch 22 isn't it?

Any other suggestions? It should not be this difficult to reset (as stupid)
a password! I'm so frustrated! I've been without full usage of my computer
for two weeks now. I have researched by going to all kinds of websites
including Microsoft.com. I can't find the answer of how to reset
administrator password.

Please respond with any ideas! thanks.

redhead7 wrote:
> PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP!!! HOW CAN THE ADMINISTRATOR
> PASSWORD BE RESET??? SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW THE ANSWER.
>
> Went to site for "zip files" to create floppy disks/bootable cds to
> reset forgotten administrator password as you suggested.
> (GrennieLeBrun) Because I can only get on my son's "user account"
> that has parental controls...it asks for the administrator password.
> Catch 22 isn't it?
>
> Any other suggestions? It should not be this difficult to reset (as
> stupid) a password! I'm so frustrated! I've been without full usage
> of my computer for two weeks now. I have researched by going to all
> kinds of websites including Microsoft.com. I can't find the answer
> of how to reset administrator password.
>
> Please respond with any ideas! thanks.
>

> "GreenieLeBrun" wrote:
>

>> jERRY GARCIA wrote:
>>> HELP HELP! i FORGOT MY PASSWORD TO LOG IN UNDER ADMINSTRATER.hOWEVER
>>> I COULD LOG IN WITH MY SONS SETTINGS.wHAT CAN BE DONE .hOW DO I
>>> RECOVER PASSWORD.

>> Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
>> zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
>> that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
>> operating system (Win2000, XP and Vista are all NT class operating
>> system).

What version of XP are you using Home or Professional?

Am I correct in understanding that your son's account does not have CD
burning rights? If so can you get access to a friends computer to download
the zip files and burn the CD on that machine? Once you have the bootable CD
you will be able to boot that CD and change the password.

BILLYBOY5

Re: forgot administration password
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL...i HAVE A DELL WITH VISTA IN IT. I CHANGED MY
PASSWORD AND FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN. NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER IT. DELL WILL
NOT HELP ME IT'S AGAINST THEIR CONTRACT WITH MICROSOFT. MICROSOFT WILL NOT
HELP ME EITHER. I AM SO STRSSED OUT CAN ANYONE HELP AN OLD MAN? (65).

NOW THEY WANT ME TO DISCONNECT MY COMPUTER DRAG IT DOWN TO BEST BUY AND
HAVE THEM COPY MY INFORMATION (DATA) ON A DISC AND REINSTALL VISTA AND THEN
RE-INSTALL MY DATA????

THEY (DELL) HAVE MY ADDRESS...PHONE NUMBER...I EVEN LET THE DELL TECHNITION
TAKE OVER MY OLD EP TO FIX ANOTHER PROBLEM.

PLEASE HELP...I AM ABLE TO GET INTO F8 AND GET TO MY ADMINISTRAION WINDOW.
MY NAME IS IN THEIR BUT I NEVER SET UP A PASSWORD FOR ADMINISTRATOR. AND I
CANT REMEMBER MY NEW PASSORD FOR MY NAME ACCOUNT.

THANKS,
WILLYUM165@YAHOO.COM

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote:

> redhead7 wrote:
> > PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE OUT THERE HELP!!! HOW CAN THE ADMINISTRATOR
> > PASSWORD BE RESET??? SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW THE ANSWER.
> >
> > Went to site for "zip files" to create floppy disks/bootable cds to
> > reset forgotten administrator password as you suggested.
> > (GrennieLeBrun) Because I can only get on my son's "user account"
> > that has parental controls...it asks for the administrator password.
> > Catch 22 isn't it?
> >
> > Any other suggestions? It should not be this difficult to reset (as
> > stupid) a password! I'm so frustrated! I've been without full usage
> > of my computer for two weeks now. I have researched by going to all
> > kinds of websites including Microsoft.com. I can't find the answer
> > of how to reset administrator password.
> >
> > Please respond with any ideas! thanks.

> >> Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
> >> zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
> >> that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
> >> operating system (Win2000, XP and Vista are all NT class operating
> >> system).

> What version of XP are you using Home or Professional?
>
> Am I correct in understanding that your son's account does not have CD
> burning rights? If so can you get access to a friends computer to download
> the zip files and burn the CD on that machine? Once you have the bootable CD
> you will be able to boot that CD and change the password.

jimmika

RE: forgot administration password
please help, unfortunately i forgot my administrator password, therefore i
could not open my computer, please give me the proper guide about it.

"jERRY GARCIA" wrote:

> HELP HELP! i FORGOT MY PASSWORD TO LOG IN UNDER ADMINSTRATER.hOWEVER I COULD
> LOG IN WITH MY SONS SETTINGS.wHAT CAN BE DONE .hOW DO I RECOVER PASSWORD.

brink

jimmika;580603 Wrote:
> please help, unfortunately i forgot my administrator password, therefore
> could not open my computer, please give me the proper guide about it.

Hi jimmika,

You can try a method here to reset the password. In your case, I would
try Method Two first.

'Reset User Account Password'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html)

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
chris

RE: forgot administration password
laptop 5days old iforgot adm password.can u help
shlant

Re: forgot administration password
I also cannot get into my account, I went to the control panel under manage
another account and it prompted me to use the administrative password, no
matter what i do it ask me for the passoword which i don't have. can any one
help me
sw