Need complete ability to add/delete/edit C:Users

weary

Need complete ability to add/delete/edit C:Users
My request to other forum users:
That no one discuss security or ask my motives. I have read other posts and
I can not make out the answer to the specific question I have, becuase of
others co-opting the discussion with preaching about security and questions
of motives.

I want to edit/delete/change the contents of the folder C:\Users

Background:
1. I have admin access.
2. I have turned OFF the UAC.
3. I have tried right clicking the folder and accessing the properties. I
ALREADY have "full control" there.
4. I can not throw away this brand new pc. I must be able to use THIS pc.

How can I do this? I can't get anything done - and I can't take it anymore.

weary

Rishi

Re: Need complete ability to add/delete/edit C:Users
Hello weary,

Did you make sure that the folder was not set to read only? Try right
clicking on the C: \Users folder, and try on checking the checkbox beside
'Read-only'. This should enable you to make changes to the Users folder.

Hope this helps.

--
Best Regards,
Rishi

"weary" <weary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My request to other forum users:
> That no one discuss security or ask my motives. I have read other posts
> and
> I can not make out the answer to the specific question I have, becuase of
> others co-opting the discussion with preaching about security and
> questions
> of motives.
>
> I want to edit/delete/change the contents of the folder C:\Users
>
> Background:
> 1. I have admin access.
> 2. I have turned OFF the UAC.
> 3. I have tried right clicking the folder and accessing the properties. I
> ALREADY have "full control" there.
> 4. I can not throw away this brand new pc. I must be able to use THIS pc.
>
> How can I do this? I can't get anything done - and I can't take it
> anymore.
>
> weary

weary

Re: Need complete ability to add/delete/edit C:Users
Rishi,
Thanks. But that does not work. I get "access denied" when I uncheck the
"read only" box. I am logged in as admin.

thanks for trying to help - I want to throw away my new laptop. It is junk
because of Vista. ,
weary

"Rishi" wrote:

> Hello weary,
>
> Did you make sure that the folder was not set to read only? Try right
> clicking on the C: \Users folder, and try on checking the checkbox beside
> 'Read-only'. This should enable you to make changes to the Users folder.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Rishi
> email: rishi@vista-news.com | web: http://vista-news.com
>

> "weary" <weary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My request to other forum users:
> > That no one discuss security or ask my motives. I have read other posts
> > and
> > I can not make out the answer to the specific question I have, becuase of
> > others co-opting the discussion with preaching about security and
> > questions
> > of motives.
> >
> > I want to edit/delete/change the contents of the folder C:\Users
> >
> > Background:
> > 1. I have admin access.
> > 2. I have turned OFF the UAC.
> > 3. I have tried right clicking the folder and accessing the properties. I
> > ALREADY have "full control" there.
> > 4. I can not throw away this brand new pc. I must be able to use THIS pc.
> >
> > How can I do this? I can't get anything done - and I can't take it
> > anymore.
> >
> > weary

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Need complete ability to add/delete/edit C:Users
Weary

I have tried to explain the new folder setup in Vista but maybe I didn't
explain it well enough..

I think what you need to do is open Windows Explorer and select
Organize/Folder and Search Option. Click the View Tab and select the option
"Do not show hidden files and folders", click Apply OK. Close Windows
Explorer.

Open Windows Explorer again and all of the junctions that we discussed
before will no longer be visible. All of the user folders that you can
actually use will be visible in the Users folder.

One other thing that I missed in our original thread is that you appear to
be using the old Classic Start Menu. This start menu is radically different
from the Vista start menu. If you want to take a look at the Vista start
menu, right click the Start Button and select Properties. Click the top
option for Start Menu there and click Apply/OK.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP