Error: 0x80070005 Access denied, back up failed

lemmy

Error: 0x80070005 Access denied, back up failed
Hi
I tried using the backup feature on my vista lasptop for the first time and
received the above error message. i am the only user on the computer and
have administrator rights. Its an HP Presario V6000

The error message was accompanied by the following information:

the backup did not complete successfully
an error occured the following information might help you resolve the error
access is denied.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied Backup failed.

I was backingup some of the contents of the local disk (c) and had unchecked
the recovery disk.
In addition, before the backup began it asked for permission to format the
dvd i was backing up to. I gave this permission and now it seems the disk
is unusable for anything even although it is still empty. please excuse my
ignorance as i don't know alot about computers. Any advice would be
appreciated. TIA

jayjay72

RE: Error: 0x80070005 Access denied, back up failed
hi
i have exactly the same problem and am unable to rectify it. have you had
any joy yet? if so what did you do? i called microsoft but i may have talked
to a jelly for all the help they were!

"lemmy" wrote:

> Hi
> I tried using the backup feature on my vista lasptop for the first time and
> received the above error message. i am the only user on the computer and
> have administrator rights. Its an HP Presario V6000
>
> The error message was accompanied by the following information:
>
> the backup did not complete successfully
> an error occured the following information might help you resolve the error
> access is denied.
> Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied Backup failed.
>
> I was backingup some of the contents of the local disk (c) and had unchecked
> the recovery disk.
> In addition, before the backup began it asked for permission to format the
> dvd i was backing up to. I gave this permission and now it seems the disk
> is unusable for anything even although it is still empty. please excuse my
> ignorance as i don't know alot about computers. Any advice would be
> appreciated. TIA

byeutter

RE: Error: 0x80070005 Access denied, back up failed
I am in the same boat as well. When I tried to do a system backup for the
first time, it formatted my cd and then rendered it un usable. I get the same
access denied error. I am wondering if this is simply a system bug. I am
operating on an E-machines T-5230 system running Vista Premium. I have tried
to reformat the CD but as soon as I put it in the drive my system stops
responding. Please somebody help!

--
byeutter