A Blocked Program at Start-Up

Andrew Garttmeyer

A Blocked Program at Start-Up
How can I stop Vista from blocking this one program from starting up
everytime I restart the CPU. Is all it is telling me is to right click it,
allow it to start, and than I have to allow it to start. Any Help?

Thanks,
Andrew G
Jane C

Re: A Blocked Program at Start-Up
Hello Andrew,

The program in question needs Administrative powers to run. Under Vista,
any program that requires to be run elevated is not allowed to autostart -
it needs your approval, hence having to allow it each time.

There is a way round this, by running the program as a scheduled task:

http://blog.gerke-preussner.de/index...-in-Vista.html

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"Andrew Garttmeyer" <AndrewGarttmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8D287987-B7DA-40E3-8201-1A4010DF7DD1@microsoft.com...
> How can I stop Vista from blocking this one program from starting up
> everytime I restart the CPU. Is all it is telling me is to right click
> it,
> allow it to start, and than I have to allow it to start. Any Help?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew G

Andrew Garttmeyer

Re: A Blocked Program at Start-Up
Thank you so much, that website link you left made it clear as day. I really
appreciate the help.

Andrew G.

"Jane C" wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> The program in question needs Administrative powers to run. Under Vista,
> any program that requires to be run elevated is not allowed to autostart -
> it needs your approval, hence having to allow it each time.
>
> There is a way round this, by running the program as a scheduled task:
>
> http://blog.gerke-preussner.de/index...-in-Vista.html
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "Andrew Garttmeyer" <AndrewGarttmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:8D287987-B7DA-40E3-8201-1A4010DF7DD1@microsoft.com...
> > How can I stop Vista from blocking this one program from starting up
> > everytime I restart the CPU. Is all it is telling me is to right click
> > it,
> > allow it to start, and than I have to allow it to start. Any Help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew G

Jane C

Re: A Blocked Program at Start-Up