Red security shield

Nigel

Red security shield
Hi

I have now been using Vista as the sole user (therefore administrator) on my
p c for long enough to be annoyed by the intrusive "are you sure" notes that
appear when a setting is being changed. This is all very well but when the
account control is turned off how might it be possible to not have the red
shield in the notification bar being seen as a constant reminder that I have
turned off the control?
Thanks.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Red security shield
Nigel

Open the Security Center, using the red shield icon and click on "Change the
way security center alerts me" in the task pane. Select the "Don't notify me
and don't display the icon (Not recommended)" option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have now been using Vista as the sole user (therefore administrator) on
> my
> p c for long enough to be annoyed by the intrusive "are you sure" notes
> that
> appear when a setting is being changed. This is all very well but when the
> account control is turned off how might it be possible to not have the red
> shield in the notification bar being seen as a constant reminder that I
> have
> turned off the control?
> Thanks.

Nigel

Re: Red security shield
Thanks very much - appreciated.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Nigel
>
> Open the Security Center, using the red shield icon and click on "Change the
> way security center alerts me" in the task pane. Select the "Don't notify me
> and don't display the icon (Not recommended)" option.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have now been using Vista as the sole user (therefore administrator) on
> > my
> > p c for long enough to be annoyed by the intrusive "are you sure" notes
> > that
> > appear when a setting is being changed. This is all very well but when the
> > account control is turned off how might it be possible to not have the red
> > shield in the notification bar being seen as a constant reminder that I
> > have
> > turned off the control?
> > Thanks.

Ronnie Vernon MVP