enhanced authorization

David Jones

enhanced authorization
Message: I need elevated act authorization... I want to format one of my hard
drives and vista will not let me I have administrator acct but it keeps
saying that this needs elevated authority
P. Di Stolfo

Re: enhanced authorization
Hello,

the program you are formatting with has to be started by right-clicking it
and choosing "Run as administrator". Then it will have elevated rights for
formatting.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"David Jones" <David Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Message: I need elevated act authorization... I want to format one of my
> hard
> drives and vista will not let me I have administrator acct but it keeps
> saying that this needs elevated authority

David Jones

Re: enhanced authorization
The program I'm using is not a program but a hard drive that I want to reformat

"David Jones" wrote:

> Message: I need elevated act authorization... I want to format one of my hard
> drives and vista will not let me I have administrator acct but it keeps
> saying that this needs elevated authority

P. Di Stolfo

Re: enhanced authorization
Hello,
yes, but which program are you using to format? The command prompt?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> "David Jones" wrote:
>
>> Message: I need elevated act authorization... I want to format one of my
>> hard
>> drives and vista will not let me I have administrator acct but it keeps
>> saying that this needs elevated authority

David Jones

Re: enhanced authorization
I've tried the cmd pmt and windows my computer and clicking on my drive and
using format

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
> yes, but which program are you using to format? The command prompt?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "David Jones" <DavidJones@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >

> > "David Jones" wrote:
> >
> >> Message: I need elevated act authorization... I want to format one of my
> >> hard
> >> drives and vista will not let me I have administrator acct but it keeps
> >> saying that this needs elevated authority

P. Di Stolfo

Re: enhanced authorization
Hello,
using the command prompt, it should work. Go to Start -> type cmd -> and
right-click cmd.exe -> Run as administrator.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> I've tried the cmd pmt and windows my computer and clicking on my drive
> and
> using format
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> yes, but which program are you using to format? The command prompt?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>>
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "David Jones" <DavidJones@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag

David Jones

Re: enhanced authorization
it says it's a system partition and will not let me format it

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
> using the command prompt, it should work. Go to Start -> type cmd -> and
> right-click cmd.exe -> Run as administrator.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
>
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "David Jones" <DavidJones@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I've tried the cmd pmt and windows my computer and clicking on my drive
> > and
> > using format
> >
> > "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> yes, but which program are you using to format? The command prompt?
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> P. Di Stolfo
> >>
> >> --
> >> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> >> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> "David Jones" <DavidJones@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> >> Newsbeitrag

P. Di Stolfo

Re: enhanced authorization
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.
From the active and started Vista, you can't format the hard disk where the
active Windows is located. You have to boot from a bootable CD/DVD (like the
Windows CDs/DVDs) or another media that is capable of booting and formatting
your drives. Have you got a Windows setup CD? There, you can choose to
format your drive and then simply exit.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> it says it's a system partition and will not let me format it
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> using the command prompt, it should work. Go to Start -> type cmd -> and
>> right-click cmd.exe -> Run as administrator.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>>
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "David Jones" <DavidJones@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>> > I've tried the cmd pmt and windows my computer and clicking on my drive
>> > and
>> > using format

David Jones

Re: enhanced authorization
Windows installation setup cd does not let me just format the drive but wants
to reinstall windows on this drive and I want to clean this drive off- I
have copied the boot mgr file to the drive I use to operate my system.. the
reason this all happened is I changed motherboard from an AMD to Intel board.
and it wouldn't start up so I had to load the operating system to another
drive(partition)? and the boot mgr is on the wrong disk