Desktop Customixation

boutells

Desktop Customixation
A number of the icons on the administrator's desktop are also on other users
(whoe are not administrators) desktops. When those other users go to delete
them, they won't delete.

How can the other users customize their desktops without affecting the
administrator's desktop. As of now, the only way to get rid of the icons is
to delete them from the administrator's desktop where they are still requires
chance

RE: Desktop Customixation
to temove em, you have to login as admin

then edit that program ie (right click properties) and allow other users
(everyone) so they can see it, or goto the C:\program files\xxxxxx\ and
edit that folder and all of it files to be shown/used by certain users

"boutells" wrote:

> A number of the icons on the administrator's desktop are also on other users
> (whoe are not administrators) desktops. When those other users go to delete
> them, they won't delete.
>
> How can the other users customize their desktops without affecting the
> administrator's desktop. As of now, the only way to get rid of the icons is
> to delete them from the administrator's desktop where they are still requires

boutells

RE: Desktop Customixation
Still no joy.

I think the problem is that the file, in this case C:\Users\John\Desktop,
keeps reverting to Read Only status. Even when I go in on the administrator's
account and uncheck the read only box, as soon as I come out of it it goes
back to read only. Then when the other user logs on and tries to delete the
icons, a message comes up to confirm the deletion and when that is confirmed,
you get an access denied response.