Annoying pop-up at every launch

Rob

Annoying pop-up at every launch
I use a professional recording/playback soundcard under Vista x64 (with
64-bit drivers of course, said to be completely licensed and valid in Vista).

However, one little bug remain : each and every time I launch Vista, I am
prompted with a window that ask me permission to launch the control panel for
that card (that places in the task bar under XP without such a prompt). I
have unchecked the box that says ''ask me every time I start Windows'' of
course; I did it under admin account too. But there's nothing to do : the
next boot, I still get the message and the box is still checked...

Another (possibly related) with that same ''control panel, once authorized
to launch in the task bar is whenever I want to open it (double-clicking on
it in the task bar so the program attached to it is brought to desktop) :
here, I am prompted to authorize this ''legacy'' device to be launched or a
message of this kind. Then I have to enter admin password and only then can I
open the panel.

How can I get rid of these annoying requests finally ?

As one puts it : welcome to the world of Vista and its pop-up windows for
every
occasion. And if you disable them you will get a pop-up warning you that
your pop-ups are disabled....

Thanks,
Rob
PaulB

RE: Annoying pop-up at every launch
I have a couple of programs that did that and what I did was move the
programs to the task scheduler and have them run with highest privileges at
logon.
--
Paul