I don't want to login again after using Remote desktop?

speedbump49

I don't want to login again after using Remote desktop?
I am connecting from Windows XP Home SP2 to a remote computer running Vista
Ultimate on the same subnet. The Vista computer is configured to have no
login control. However, after using Remote Desktop I am forced to provide a
password of the console of the Vista using the same ID I used during the
Remote Desktop session.
How do I prevent this?
-mw
speedbump49

RE: RDC Question: Dont want to login again after using Remote desktop?
As I have had no reply, perhaps my problem is not clear. After I disconnect
from a Vistia Ultimate Remote Desktop Session, my Vista computer is left at
the login screen, asking for a password. I would like to defeat this
requirement, and have the the Vista system return to the current session with
me needing to go to the console and enter a password for my Media Center to
work again. I'm sure this problem must occur for other users, and I'm sure
there must be a way to remove the requirement to enter a password after a RDC
session is terminated. It makes no sense. Any tips or advise?

"speedbump49" wrote:

> I am connecting from Windows XP Home SP2 to a remote computer running Vista
> Ultimate on the same subnet. The Vista computer is configured to have no
> login control. However, after using Remote Desktop I am forced to provide a
> password of the console of the Vista using the same ID I used during the
> Remote Desktop session.
> How do I prevent this?
> -mw

kuan wai

RE: RDC Question: Dont want to login again after using Remote desk
RDC is per session base, thus username/password is required for every logon,
it is just like logging on/off physically at the computer. To remove the
hassle of entering the password everytime you connect to the host computer,
on the guest computer, you can actually make RDC remember your credentials.
Click on the Options button when the RDC is loaded. There is a checkbox at
the logon settings page which says "Save my password".

"speedbump49" wrote:

> As I have had no reply, perhaps my problem is not clear. After I disconnect
> from a Vistia Ultimate Remote Desktop Session, my Vista computer is left at
> the login screen, asking for a password. I would like to defeat this
> requirement, and have the the Vista system return to the current session with
> me needing to go to the console and enter a password for my Media Center to
> work again. I'm sure this problem must occur for other users, and I'm sure
> there must be a way to remove the requirement to enter a password after a RDC
> session is terminated. It makes no sense. Any tips or advise?
>
> "speedbump49" wrote:
>
> > I am connecting from Windows XP Home SP2 to a remote computer running Vista
> > Ultimate on the same subnet. The Vista computer is configured to have no
> > login control. However, after using Remote Desktop I am forced to provide a
> > password of the console of the Vista using the same ID I used during the
> > Remote Desktop session.
> > How do I prevent this?
> > -mw

speedbump49

RE: RDC Question: Dont want to login again after using Remote desk
Thanks for the reply, but you are missunderstanding my issue. When I
disconnect from the remote session, the host computer console is locked until
someone retypes the password there.

I'm looking for a way to defeat this requirment on the host computer which
is running Vista Ultimate.

-mw