"The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

Lone Peak Medical

"The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie
I have Vista Home Premium. When I try to logon to the admin acct I get the
above message. No network use only single computer. All the files I use
regularly are accessed through the admin acct, so I can't delete acct and
make a new one. I am so-so computer literate but the discussions I found
seem to apply to networks. I need to be able to save all the files/documents
from the unaccessable acct. Please help!
--
Dawna
Roxanne

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

We are having the same problem with our Vista Home - not a network. Did
you get this figured out? we really don't want to lose our files...and
from what others have posted creating a new profile doesn't always work
anyways.

--
Roxanne
Roxanne's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47339

http://forums.techarena.in

t-4-2

Lone Peak Medical;388528 Wrote:
> I have Vista Home Premium. When I try to logon to the admin acct I get
> the
> above message. No network use only single computer. All the files I use
> regularly are accessed through the admin acct, so I can't delete acct
> and
> make a new one. I am so-so computer literate but the discussions I
> found
> seem to apply to networks. I need to be able to save all the
> files/documents
> from the unaccessable acct. Please help!
> --
> Dawna

Hello Dawna,
You can Not logon to your admin account. Is that what you are saying ?
( I'm a little dense today -- OK! most of the time.)

--
t-4-2
Roxanne

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

that is the problem that we are having. As soon as you try to log on to
main user acct. (which is usually admin) it gives this message and
immediately goes back to login screen.

--
Roxanne
Roxanne's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47339
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=786569

http://forums.techarena.in

hujorgen is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
?Solved? Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie
I am working on a Win7 Pro system for one of my customers. New install of Win7Pro on simple home network, that was working as normal, last thing my customer did was install Norton 360, rebooted and could not get past the login screen due to the error "Group Policy Client Service Failed the the login, Access Denied.

Tried system restores from startup repair - didn't solve.

Tried safe mode and was able to login and create a new user account. Logged off and was able to login with the new user account. Deleted old account (no data to recover).

I don't know why this happened or why creating a new account solved the problem. Looks like something to do with Norton 360? or a corrupted Policy.

Hope this helps,

Hu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Peak Medical View Post