no administration account

susan

no administration account
Hi,
Can any one help,I have 3 accounts on my desk top computer, 2 accounts and a
guest account, they are all now standard accounts and the administration
account is gone which was the first account. Now i can't change anything or
access some internet sites. I have tried system restore but I keep getting
the message type adminstration password but there is no where to type it also
I don't have adminstration password,
Thanks.
--
susan
BurrWalnut

RE: no administration account
To create a true administrator account, go to Start, type cmd and press
Enter. Now type net user administrator /active:yes (note the 3 spaces) and
press Enter. You may have to reboot for the Administrator account to show on
the Welcome screen. Ensure you have at least one other user account otherwise
you may lock yourself out.

To disable it retype the command but change yes to no.

"susan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Can any one help,I have 3 accounts on my desk top computer, 2 accounts and a
> guest account, they are all now standard accounts and the administration
> account is gone which was the first account. Now i can't change anything or
> access some internet sites. I have tried system restore but I keep getting
> the message type adminstration password but there is no where to type it also
> I don't have adminstration password,
> Thanks.
> --
> susan

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: no administration account
Susan

If the administrator account has been changed to a Standard User you should
be able to access the built-in administrator account in Safe Mode.

Reboot the computer and as soon a the system starts to initialize, start
tapping the F8 Key until you see a black screen menu. Use the arrow keys to
select Safe Mode and press Enter. It will take a few minutes for Safe Mode
log-in screen to appear. On the login screen you should see an account
called Administrator. Click to log-on with this account, there is no
password by default on this account.

When you are logged on, you can go to Control Panel / User Accounts, select
the Standard account that you use and then click on "Change your account
type". Select the Administrator option and click the "Change account type"
button.

Exit Control Panel and reboot.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"susan" <susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can any one help,I have 3 accounts on my desk top computer, 2 accounts and
> guest account, they are all now standard accounts and the administration
> account is gone which was the first account. Now i can't change anything
> or
> access some internet sites. I have tried system restore but I keep getting
> the message type adminstration password but there is no where to type it
> also
> I don't have adminstration password,
> Thanks.
> --
> susan

susan

RE: no administration account
i have done what you said but keep getting access denied
--
susan

"BurrWalnut" wrote:

> To create a true administrator account, go to Start, type cmd and press
> Enter. Now type net user administrator /active:yes (note the 3 spaces) and
> press Enter. You may have to reboot for the Administrator account to show on
> the Welcome screen. Ensure you have at least one other user account otherwise
> you may lock yourself out.
>
> To disable it retype the command but change yes to no.
>
> "susan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can any one help,I have 3 accounts on my desk top computer, 2 accounts and a
> > guest account, they are all now standard accounts and the administration
> > account is gone which was the first account. Now i can't change anything or
> > access some internet sites. I have tried system restore but I keep getting
> > the message type adminstration password but there is no where to type it also
> > I don't have adminstration password,
> > Thanks.
> > --
> > susan