Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Delete Vista.old Directory

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007
Linda
 

Posts: n/a
Delete Vista.old Directory
How do I go about deleting the Vista.old directory that was created when I
re-installed Vista? I've tried deleting the folder and all subfolders but
get an error message saying I don't have permission to delete. I've tried it
through the Control Panel as well.

Any suggetions? I'd rather not have the extra junk on my hard drive. One
installation is enough.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007
Jimmy Brush
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Delete Vista.old Directory
Linda wrote:
> How do I go about deleting the Vista.old directory that was created when I
> re-installed Vista? I've tried deleting the folder and all subfolders but
> get an error message saying I don't have permission to delete. I've tried it
> through the Control Panel as well.
>
> Any suggetions? I'd rather not have the extra junk on my hard drive. One
> installation is enough.


Hello,

I believe the disk cleanup wizard will do it for you.

- Click start
- Type: Disk cleanup
- Press enter
- Click Files from all users on the computer

- JB
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007
Linda
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Delete Vista.old Directory
JB,

thanks! I had just completed that when the notification showed up in my
inbox. Now all I need to do is figure out what Vista did with my Outlook
2007 inbox, calendar and contact list (it was wiped out or hidden somewhere
when I installed Vista). If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. The
Office Community guy that has been responding hasn't been much help - just
grumpy.


Thanks again!

Linda
"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Linda wrote:
> > How do I go about deleting the Vista.old directory that was created when I
> > re-installed Vista? I've tried deleting the folder and all subfolders but
> > get an error message saying I don't have permission to delete. I've tried it
> > through the Control Panel as well.
> >
> > Any suggetions? I'd rather not have the extra junk on my hard drive. One
> > installation is enough.

>
> Hello,
>
> I believe the disk cleanup wizard will do it for you.
>
> - Click start
> - Type: Disk cleanup
> - Press enter
> - Click Files from all users on the computer
>
> - JB
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007
Jimmy Brush
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Delete Vista.old Directory
Linda wrote:
> JB,
>
> thanks! I had just completed that when the notification showed up in my
> inbox. Now all I need to do is figure out what Vista did with my Outlook
> 2007 inbox, calendar and contact list (it was wiped out or hidden somewhere
> when I installed Vista). If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. The
> Office Community guy that has been responding hasn't been much help - just
> grumpy.
>
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Linda
> "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
>
>> Linda wrote:
>>> How do I go about deleting the Vista.old directory that was created when I
>>> re-installed Vista? I've tried deleting the folder and all subfolders but
>>> get an error message saying I don't have permission to delete. I've tried it
>>> through the Control Panel as well.
>>>
>>> Any suggetions? I'd rather not have the extra junk on my hard drive. One
>>> installation is enough.

>> Hello,
>>
>> I believe the disk cleanup wizard will do it for you.
>>
>> - Click start
>> - Type: Disk cleanup
>> - Press enter
>> - Click Files from all users on the computer
>>
>> - JB
>>


I would look for it in the office-related subfolders of these locations:

c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft

and

c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft

Where USERNAME is your username.

(Note that this is a hidden folder. However, you can type it into the
location bar of windows explorer to get to it... just click in a blank
area so that the bar turns editable)

- JB
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2007
Linda
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Delete Vista.old Directory
Thanks JB, I'll give it shot looking for my old Outlook stuff in the places
you've outlined below.

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Linda wrote:
> > JB,
> >
> > thanks! I had just completed that when the notification showed up in my
> > inbox. Now all I need to do is figure out what Vista did with my Outlook
> > 2007 inbox, calendar and contact list (it was wiped out or hidden somewhere
> > when I installed Vista). If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. The
> > Office Community guy that has been responding hasn't been much help - just
> > grumpy.
> >
> >
> > Thanks again!
> >
> > Linda
> > "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> >
> >> Linda wrote:
> >>> How do I go about deleting the Vista.old directory that was created when I
> >>> re-installed Vista? I've tried deleting the folder and all subfolders but
> >>> get an error message saying I don't have permission to delete. I've tried it
> >>> through the Control Panel as well.
> >>>
> >>> Any suggetions? I'd rather not have the extra junk on my hard drive. One
> >>> installation is enough.
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I believe the disk cleanup wizard will do it for you.
> >>
> >> - Click start
> >> - Type: Disk cleanup
> >> - Press enter
> >> - Click Files from all users on the computer
> >>
> >> - JB
> >>

>
> I would look for it in the office-related subfolders of these locations:
>
> c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft
>
> and
>
> c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
>
> Where USERNAME is your username.
>
> (Note that this is a hidden folder. However, you can type it into the
> location bar of windows explorer to get to it... just click in a blank
> area so that the bar turns editable)
>
> - JB
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safe to delete the C:\windows\panther directory? Sam Santiago microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 5 05-30-2011 12:50
Setting up a directory and moving a file into that directory from gppnrdrj microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 07-11-2007 13:06
Setting up a directory and moving a file into that directory from gppnrdrj microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 07-11-2007 09:31
Temp Directory acts like media directory Henry Jones microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 02:58
Trying to delete old windows directory Rob microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 02-21-2007 18:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120