Program is not recognizing administrator logon

Rob

Program is not recognizing administrator logon
I am trying to enter a registration code required for activation of a third
party program (SONAR PRODUCER 6, www.cakewalk.com) which I use under XP Pro,
but now wish to activate on SAME computer under Windows Vista x64.

There is a field in which to enter this code which remains locked with the
message that I am ''not logged as the administrator'', but I am.

I have closed all other profiles to make sure none is interfering, and just
logged as administrator, but the problem remain.

I am awaiting reply from the Cakewalk, but in the case there might be an
explanation here, I try.

Thanks,

Rob

Jane C

Re: Program is not recognizing administrator logon
Hello Rob,

Can you try running the program as administrator? Right-click on the exe
and select Run as Administrator. You should then be able to enter your
registration details.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"Rob" <landrobert@gmail.com> wrote in message
newsE729064-B65E-4ED7-8B62-5A86EDBBD110@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to enter a registration code required for activation of a third
> party program (SONAR PRODUCER 6, www.cakewalk.com) which I use under XP
> Pro,
> but now wish to activate on SAME computer under Windows Vista x64.
>
> There is a field in which to enter this code which remains locked with the
> message that I am ''not logged as the administrator'', but I am.
>
> I have closed all other profiles to make sure none is interfering, and
> just
> logged as administrator, but the problem remain.
>
> I am awaiting reply from the Cakewalk, but in the case there might be an
> explanation here, I try.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Rob

Re: Program is not recognizing administrator logon
Jane, thanks very much ! Totally right-on!