Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.

DavidinEdmond

Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.
I've seen several people with this issue, including myself, and have yet to
see any answer other than to delete the account and start over. This is not
a good solution for any user. What causes this issue? How can it be
prevented? How can it be fixed? Some type of acknowledgement would be
appreciated as it does seem to be be kind of a 'major' issue. Thank you for
your time.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords
russ

RE: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.
this happened to me directly after receiving updates from microsoft, as admin
I cannot access my account , vista is so secure the user can't use it!!!

"DavidinEdmond" wrote:

> I've seen several people with this issue, including myself, and have yet to
> see any answer other than to delete the account and start over. This is not
> a good solution for any user. What causes this issue? How can it be
> prevented? How can it be fixed? Some type of acknowledgement would be
> appreciated as it does seem to be be kind of a 'major' issue. Thank you for
> your time.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

sukig

RE: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.
I have quiet a few annoying problems with Vista. Has Microsoft come up with a
quick solution for this "User Profile Service service failed to logon"?

"DavidinEdmond" wrote:

> I've seen several people with this issue, including myself, and have yet to
> see any answer other than to delete the account and start over. This is not
> a good solution for any user. What causes this issue? How can it be
> prevented? How can it be fixed? Some type of acknowledgement would be
> appreciated as it does seem to be be kind of a 'major' issue. Thank you for
> your time.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

Alabastyr

RE: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.
I too have had this problem i first set up our computer with an Admin account
and three separate user accounts one for me and two for my parents i
encountered this problem with my account and so set up a second account and
tried to transfer the files from my old account to the new one unsuccessfully
when i decided to try again i found the problem had now spread to the Admin
account.

"sukig" wrote:

> I have quiet a few annoying problems with Vista. Has Microsoft come up with a
> quick solution for this "User Profile Service service failed to logon"?
>
> "DavidinEdmond" wrote:
>
> > I've seen several people with this issue, including myself, and have yet to
> > see any answer other than to delete the account and start over. This is not
> > a good solution for any user. What causes this issue? How can it be
> > prevented? How can it be fixed? Some type of acknowledgement would be
> > appreciated as it does seem to be be kind of a 'major' issue. Thank you for
> > your time.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

zdog

RE: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.
Is there any solution for this now. If I need to delete account and setup new
one how do I do that?

"sukig" wrote:

> I have quiet a few annoying problems with Vista. Has Microsoft come up with a
> quick solution for this "User Profile Service service failed to logon"?
>
> "DavidinEdmond" wrote:
>
> > I've seen several people with this issue, including myself, and have yet to
> > see any answer other than to delete the account and start over. This is not
> > a good solution for any user. What causes this issue? How can it be
> > prevented? How can it be fixed? Some type of acknowledgement would be
> > appreciated as it does seem to be be kind of a 'major' issue. Thank you for
> > your time.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...unts_passwords

justauser

Re: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.

My wife had this problem on her Vista Home Basic system. Based on
informantion I found from other forums I used the Vista Restore (hold
down F8 at startup) and selected a restore point before she started
having the problem. That process worked fine and no user data was lost.

Note that the Vista Repair option did not find any problems.

Every other user post that I saw said the Restore fixed the problem for
them too, so I'm adding my concurrence for how to recover.

:geek:

--
justauser
gvagal

Re: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.

::*The Answer, so simple!* ::
HELLO, 07-03-08 12:46 A.M. (CST)

HERE IS THE SOLUTION! I SENT THIS REPLY TO THE POST BY CENGELEN, AND I
AM GOING TO SEND IT TO MANY OF THE PEOPLE HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM;
BECAUSE IT GAVE ME FITS UNTIL I FOUND THE SIMPLE FIX. IN MY CASE,
WINDOWS HAD AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLED AN UPDATE TO SHOCKWAVE FLASH PLAYER
OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I WENT TO THE WINDOWS \"RESTORE POINT\", AND IT
RESTORED ME TO PRIOR TO THE UPDATE, AND I WAS BACK TO NORMAL. SO IT WAS
THE NEW UPDATE THAT CAUSED MY PROBLEM. HOPE THIS HELPS
EVERYONE!

*QUOTED from my Reply to Cengelen:

My name is Venita. This happened to me tonight for the first time. I
have a relatively new computer which came installed with Windows Vista
Home. After spending a couple hours reading the forums and trying
things, but mostly just not believing all these complicated procedures
were necessary; it dawned on me about the Windows Restore Point, which
was a new feature with XP and naturally is on Vista.

Then viola! As I saw one person say on a very complicated procedure,
which I did not believe. Here is how simple it was for me! Just go to
Start Menu or wherever you go to find Windows Help and Support. For me,
I just click on Start, there I see among all the other items, a link for
"Help and Support". From there, click on the link for "Security and
Maintenance". Inside there, you should see a link, (mine is on the
right-hand side), for "Backup and Restore". Underneath Backup and
Restore, you will click the link to "Backup Files". Then finally when
you do this, you should see an option for "System Restore". This will
allow you to restore your system to an earlier point (before the problem
started).

In my case, there had been an update installed for one of those Shock
Wave or Flash or something like that. System Restore just restored my
computer to the time prior to the new update for that program, and I
went right back to normal.

I think many of us, I know I do, forget how easy things can be with
"System Restore", and so we spend all this time trying to fix our system
by taking the advice of persons who really don't care about what is best
for us. In the end, they probably want to mess us up, so we will have
to buy something else.

But this fix is SO easy! If you do not know how to find System Restore
on your computer, just type in System Restore in your search bar. I am
confident there will be a link somewhere to get you there. And this is
as easy as it gets... you won't have to do anything. Windows will
simply restore your computer to the point before your problem started.

One last note: I had set up other User Accounts, so I was able to sign
on and go to the internet or my Start Menu. I didn't notice if you have
another account you can sign into or not. I surely hope you do. I was
so thankful that I did. If I had not been able to correct this problem,
I was going to lose all my business files and that would have been a
catastrophy for me. It happened to me about a year ago. but for a
different reason. I am not a computer technology whiz and have taught
myself everything I know; but if I can help you, you may write to me at
gladvn@comcast.net

Hope it helps!*

--
gvagal
gvagal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52438

http://forums.techarena.in

Diane R.

Re: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.
Help! I keep getting the same message "The user profile service failed to
logon". I bought my Dell computer with Vista already installed on it. I don't
know a lot about computers so any help would be greatly appreciated!
--
Thanks!
Diane

"gvagal" wrote:

> [...]
> on your computer, just type in System Restore in your search bar. I am
> confident there will be a link somewhere to get you there. And this is
> as easy as it gets... you won't have to do anything. Windows will
> simply restore your computer to the point before your problem started.
>

> One last note: I had set up other User Accounts, so I was able to sign
> on and go to the internet or my Start Menu. I didn't notice if you have
> another account you can sign into or not. I surely hope you do. I was
> so thankful that I did. If I had not been able to correct this problem,
> I was going to lose all my business files and that would have been a
> catastrophy for me. It happened to me about a year ago. but for a
> different reason. I am not a computer technology whiz and have taught
> myself everything I know; but if I can help you, you may write to me at

gvagal

Re: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.

*_Diane_,
:: System Restore is the simple answer to your problem. I got a
message via e-mail that you had replied to my post regarding this
problem with User Profile Service failing your logon. I had this
problem and when I finally figured out the fix, it is so simple. SYSTEM
RESTORE, it comes with Windows XP and Vista and will fix your problem
for you, which is probably being caused by an automatic update that has
messed up your registry. Do not take any of that bad advice out there
which will totally mess you up! If you cannot understand from my post
how to use System Restore to easily fix your problem, please write to me
via e-mail, and I will guide you along. These forums are too slow and
complicated. It hurts when you need your computer and have to wait days
and days for assistance. Please write me at : gvagal@comcast.net .
Sometimes I check mail every few hours and other times not so often.
But I will reply when I get your message::.* ::-*_Venita_*-::

--
gvagal
gvagal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52438
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=784689

http://forums.techarena.in

gvagal

Re: Error ! User Profile Service service failed the logon.

> DavidinEdmond;3012910]I've seen several people with this issue,
> including myself, and have yet to
> see any answer other than to delete the account and start over. This
> is not
> a good solution for any user. What causes this issue? How can it be
> prevented? How can it be fixed? Some type of acknowledgement would
> be
> appreciated as it does seem to be be kind of a 'major' issue. Thank
> you for
> your time.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> "I
> this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6b32eu

*To DavidinEdmond: If you are with Microsoft, or
maybe you are not but your post seems to imply you are; then why not
tell people that the simple fix to this problem with User Profile
Services failed the logon is for them to use SYSTEM RESTORE and just
restore their system to any date prior to when their problem started and
when their system was working right. Which they can do by going to
their \"control panel\", \"help and support\", then \"security and
maintenance\", and there they will see \"backup and restore\", which
will take them to System Restore. Viola, there they just restore their
system to an earlier date! They can choose the restore point, but any
point when the system was working right is good! Just tell people this,
you are in a position to do this. To anyone out there who has this
problem, if you do not know how to use System Restore, just write to
Venita at gvagal@comcast.net. Your problem was probably caused by
automatic updates and something that updated has messed up your
registry. In my case, it was Shock Player or something of the sort.
Let Windows fix the problem for you, System Restore is the simple fix.
*