Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007
S.R.
 

Posts: n/a
Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile
Hello all
One of our customers asked us to check out her laptop with Windows Vista
installed. The problem she is having is that every time she logs in her
account (a local account because this is her home computer), she gets a
window saying "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on
with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when
you log off." She can't save her documents or modify anything because when
she logs off, everything is lost :S
How do we get around this?

Thanks for any help,

S.R.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007
S.R.
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile
A couple more questions have arised:
1. Our customer had some documents in there and she had set up a few things
like Email, preferences, etc. Is there any way to recover this, or is this
gone forever??
2. How do we prevent this from happening again? what causes this to happen
in the first place?

Again, thanks much

S.R.

"S.R." wrote:

> Hello all
> One of our customers asked us to check out her laptop with Windows Vista
> installed. The problem she is having is that every time she logs in her
> account (a local account because this is her home computer), she gets a
> window saying "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on
> with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when
> you log off." She can't save her documents or modify anything because when
> she logs off, everything is lost :S
> How do we get around this?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> S.R.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2007
Sam
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile
This can occur if the server that hosts the roaming profile is not available
or cannot be reached by the workstation.

"S.R." wrote:

> A couple more questions have arised:
> 1. Our customer had some documents in there and she had set up a few things
> like Email, preferences, etc. Is there any way to recover this, or is this
> gone forever??
> 2. How do we prevent this from happening again? what causes this to happen
> in the first place?
>
> Again, thanks much
>
> S.R.
>
> "S.R." wrote:
>
> > Hello all
> > One of our customers asked us to check out her laptop with Windows Vista
> > installed. The problem she is having is that every time she logs in her
> > account (a local account because this is her home computer), she gets a
> > window saying "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on
> > with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when
> > you log off." She can't save her documents or modify anything because when
> > she logs off, everything is lost :S
> > How do we get around this?
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > S.R.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2007
S.R.
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile
Yeah, I have read about this in other forums, but this computer is for
personal use, I don't think it connects to a server. In this case, why would
something like this happen? How do we prevent this from happening again? Is
there any way to fix this and recover all of her misplaced data and
preferences?

Thank you,

S.R.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007
Sam
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile
I am just thinking here, but perhaps there is a problem with the default user
profile. Is there an account that does not give this error? Try copying it
to the default user profile under control panel, delete the profiles that
have problems and see what happens.

"S.R." wrote:

> Yeah, I have read about this in other forums, but this computer is for
> personal use, I don't think it connects to a server. In this case, why would
> something like this happen? How do we prevent this from happening again? Is
> there any way to fix this and recover all of her misplaced data and
> preferences?
>
> Thank you,
>
> S.R.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2007
S.R.
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Local profile not found, logged on with a temporary profile
- This was the only profile that was giving us that error, a couple of others
weren't.
- I read an article on this and came to the conclusion that the profile was
probably corrupted, so I just created a new profile for the user and copied
over all of her documents, etc, and deleted the old profile.

Thanks much for the help,

S.R.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista and Roaming Profile: error when loading...temp profile used =?Utf-8?B?WUxv?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 08-24-2009 20:25
Local Profile Getting Deleted =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZHloQG5ld3Nncm91cHMubm9zcGFt?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 0 03-08-2007 20:18
RE: Domain Profile defaults to Temporary instead of Local - Please H =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBGaXNoZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 02:32
RE: Domain Profile is set to Temporary =?Utf-8?B?WUxv?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-28-2007 20:13
RE: Profile Showing As Temporary =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gS2llcm5hbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 1 02-28-2007 14:11




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120